RELEASED Cowboys release Michael Gallup

Loso86

Reaction score
How dare they change their minds. Why, i bet they aren't even human.

Oh....and one more thing...how do you know who said what when?
Aww nice try, I bet you were one of them as much as your taking it to heart aww

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aww nice try, I bet you were one of them as much as your taking it to heart aww
Sweet deflection dude! Instead of answering the question flip it back. EXPERTLY done!

"Nice try"? What the?...it was no trap...it was a simple question. That you couldn't answer so you got all mad.

As if I take anything "to heart" from the likes of you? Okay ...whatever toots yer boat there lad.

Loso86

Reaction score
Sweet deflection dude! Instead of answering the question flip it back. EXPERTLY done!

"Nice try"? What the?...it was no trap...it was a simple question. That you couldn't answer so you got all mad.

As if I take anything "to heart" from the likes of you? Okay ...whatever toots yer boat there lad.
Aww you are just up in arms huh lol. The likes of ME okay!! You obviously took it to an obvious place SuRE they can change there minds but it doesn't CHANGE the annoyance of fans crying for one thing then when it happens cries when it doesn't work. You can have your opinions and I have minds. Good day sir

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aww you are just up in arms huh lol. The likes of ME okay!! You obviously took it to an obvious place SuRE they can change there minds but it doesn't CHANGE the annoyance of fans crying for one thing then when it happens cries when it doesn't work. You can have your opinions and I have minds. Good day sir
But you cant keep track of what everyone says and just lump everyone in together as if they are all flip flopping hypocrites.

I'd dare say you dont have "minds" at all. This is a stupid take.

You have a good day as well.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No one would give you anything? Thats odd
Yep, all of a sudden Gallup is allowed to look for a trade (allowed by a FO, that NEVER make trades) and other Exec's are supposed to offer capital ??? We telegraph our intentions by being prescriptive in our approach.
If the player involved was elite,then you could create a bidding war, but for Gallup and Coop (who was coming off a mediocre season)... teams would wait to see if they could get them on the cheap as a FA.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're paying 13 million whether you keep him or not. What difference does it make if he's worth it? Getting rid of something that is already paid for seems like a waste. Even if he didn't start.
If this is true another idiot move by the F/O

Flamma

Reaction score
If this is true another idiot move by the F/O
It is true. They are saving 8.7M on the cap this year by making him a June 1st cut. That 8.7 million goes to next year. So we're paying 13M over two years without the WR. Why? How does that make any sense? Instead, they could have kept him for 13M in a limited role. Better than no role at all, right?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is true. They are saving 8.7M on the cap this year by making him a June 1st cut. That 8.7 million goes to next year. So we're paying 13M over two years without the WR. Why? How does that make any sense? Instead, they could have kept him for 13M in a limited role. Better than no role at all, right?
The only reason is that they are desperate for the 8.7 million cap savings for this year.
No need to ask why, we all know................

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got to love this front office. Over the last few years, they traded Cooper for next to nothing. Extended Gallup, who was coming off injuries and was not even close to the same guy. Huge failure. They then doubled down on that failure and franchise tagged Pollard, who was also coming off injury. And he was pretty awful last year.
Every team does this not just the Cowboys. Not every more will work out. Imagine the Bears fans scorching their FO after the Fields trade.

And Pollard wasn't awful last year. Every before he got his legs under him in midseason. The run scheme and play calling were awful.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Every team does this not just the Cowboys. Not every more will work out. Imagine the Bears fans scorching their FO after the Fields trade.

And Pollard wasn't awful last year. Every before he got his legs under him in midseason. The run scheme and play calling were awful.
I don't really follow other teams close enough to say how they operate but I follow the Cowboys very closely. Our love for our own players is completely irrational and may very well be the single biggest factor that holds us back year after year. The list of insane contracts is endless. The list of players that get playing time no matter what is endless. The lack of accountability for our drafted players is unreal.

Flamma

Reaction score
The only reason is that they are desperate for the 8.7 million cap savings for this year.
No need to ask why, we all know................
It's absurd. All they care about is making the playoffs, not winning a championship. The sad thing is, what difference does it make? With the Cowboys standard operating procedure, they don't take advantage of a QB on their rookie contract. It doesn't change their SOP. They have to be one of the dumbest front offices in the league.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Has Gallop even had any bites from any teams, or they waiting for the big cut day/?

Big_D

Reaction score
Cowboys penny pinch when it comes to other team’s stud free agents but will gladly overpay for their own players.
This is exactly what they do. It’s extremely bizarre and it’s why they’re in the position that they’re in. They spent 40M plus at RB the past 3 years. Tag pollard at 11 coming off an injury. But this is the year you’re going to watch your cap dollars? They’re a joke. You pay Steele coming off an injury, you pay Gallup coming off an injury, they were even a signature away from overpaying Gregory.

I’ve never seen a team not win a dam thing and still overvalue their players the way this one does. Just the idea that they can’t improve with players from around the league is beyond disturbing!