RELEASED Cowboys release Michael Gallup

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny to see how many of you complain about everything yet most of you were the ones who wanted and was excited when they signed him lmao.
How dare they change their minds. Why, i bet they aren't even human.

Oh....and one more thing...how do you know who said what when?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Henry is washed by any stretch but I wonder the impact it will have on Lamar
What makes Lamar special is his escapability and scrambling . I wonder if they are trying to make him a pocket passer and thus imo a worse qb

Henry is a beast though if he’s gaining over 1000 yards Lamar isn’t scrambling near as much which makes him healthier but less impactful I believe

But I could be totally off here
They way we're going he wouldnt help much here.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
That was a disaster but I’ll say this. I don’t think CeeDee develops in the manner he did if Cooper was still here

That doesn’t mean I agree with trading Cooper but he was the alpha dog intially then coops last year you started seeing signs from lamb he could be THAT dude and once Coop left he exploded especially last year

Maybe im wrong and id rather Gallup been let go especially after the injury

Is cooks under contract for this year? Maybe Turpin , brooks or Tolbert steps up with more reps
Yeah he does. If anything it opens it up for Cee Dee to get more big plays. Cee Dee gets tons of his stuff from the slot.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You're paying 13 million whether you keep him or not. What difference does it make if he's worth it? Getting rid of something that is already paid for seems like a waste. Even if he didn't start.
Gallup's salary was guaranteed for this year?
Or are you just saying his dead cap accelerates to this year?

Flamma

Reaction score
Gallup's salary was guaranteed for this year?
Or are you just saying his dead cap accelerates to this year?
He was a 13.8M cap hit this year. He was a 13M dead cap hit if released. They save 800k by releasing him. A bag of shells. They could do the June 1st crap, but it ends up 13M no matter how you cut it. Releasing him made no sense to me.

starfan1

Reaction score
They way we're going he wouldnt help much here.
I don’t disagree I consider the problem more scheme and blocking related than I do back related. We’ve seen the last 2 backs struggle for a variety of reasons of late

Our line imo is over rated and living on last reputation I don’t care what stats get thrown out. The center and RT position hurt us last year and a overhaul of sorts isn’t going to make it much worse in term of run blocking

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Gallup was still better than Tolbert. He was our only WR to show up in the playoffs. We continue to lose talent. We’re going to be banking on a lot of young players next season.
barely. well I would think we should be eating up cap this year by releasing Gallup, not resigning Dak and just let him play out his last year on his contract. and if we have any salary cap room left this year (not sure there would be if not extending Dak but hey I am not a salary cap expert ) I would resign players like Micah and CD with most of the cap hit being this year seeing that it wont go towards free agents. Maybe we can try to compete with what we have, and be ready next year to build this team with salary cap room to spare.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Got to love this front office. Over the last few years, they traded Cooper for next to nothing. Extended Gallup, who was coming off injuries and was not even close to the same guy. Huge failure. They then doubled down on that failure and franchise tagged Pollard, who was also coming off injury. And he was pretty awful last year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got to love this front office. Over the last few years, they traded Cooper for next to nothing. Extended Gallup, who was coming off injuries and was not even close to the same guy. Huge failure. They then doubled down on that failure and franchise tagged Pollard, who was also coming off injury. And he was pretty awful last year.
We love injured guys more than any other sports franchise. Borders on purposeful insanity.

quickccc

Reaction score
And then repeated the exact same mistake with Steele.
Club was afraid that Steele would cost even more than what they gave him if he entered the incoming FA period as an UFA.

Certainly didn't help matters that Josh Ball and Matt Waletzko have been major disappointments, that didn't add any
solid insurances.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
To be fair, Coop was due 60 million in base over 3 seasons.

He wasn’t a 20 million WR.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gallup was still better than Tolbert. He was our only WR to show up in the playoffs. We continue to lose talent. We’re going to be banking on a lot of young players next season.
Gallup was never the problem.....Not having a QB that could get him the football on time was......Chalk up one more body to the Prescott body count....

:facepalm:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I didn't care about trading Cooper and I didn't care that we signed Gallup - the issue was that we got peanuts for Cooper and signed Gallup like he was a near #1 WR when he was more on the level of someone like Robert Woods.