RELEASED Cowboys release Michael Gallup

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I disagree that Tolbert looks like a jag. He was productive anytime he was asked to play and he’s going into year 3.

His arrow is clearly going up.

I’m not opposed to taking a WR early too.
Disagree. I saw nothing from Tolbert that we didn't get from Cedrick Wilson. In fact, less.

He'll be off the team in a year.

Loso86

Reaction score
It's funny to see how many of you complain about everything yet most of you were the ones who wanted and was excited when they signed him lmao.

Toro9

Reaction score
Tolbert is better. Gallup is talented but for a guy who is only 6' tall he should be running more than 3 routes. I'd be surprised if he catches 30 balls in any of his remaining seasons. Fun while it lasted though.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Cowboys penny pinch when it comes to other team’s stud free agents but will gladly overpay for their own players.
It’s cause Jerry is afraid of guys leaving and succeeding elsewhere. It’s why he kept onto Jason garret so long as a coach.

Praxit

Reaction score
..anyone not see this? I mean, after they traded Cooper and gave MG the BIG extension.

It did not feel right.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would have held on to him for 1 more year considering his dead cap. I'd be interested to see how he'd do on the Chiefs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Gallup was still better than Tolbert.
Not the biggest endorsement.

Gallup was just nowhere near his salary for this year. Move on.

It also puts a little more squeeze on Dak. Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, Gallup. Gone.

Does Dak want to put out a contract year of tape on that offense?
Big financial risk.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would have held on to him for 1 more year considering his dead cap.
Dead cap is dead. Paying too much for a player this year to kick dead cap down the road just makes your cap position worse, throwing good money after bad.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When Cooper was traded for just a fifth and Gallop was extended it there absolutely posters here who said good riddance and Gallop is younger and better.

I would post who but then I would get benched …..

i would bump those threads but then I would get benched ….

So feel free to just disagree with me.
Yep...............just like the resident experts here are all saying "Henry is washed, glad we didnt sign him".

Going to be hilarious when King Henry out rushes every one of our backs COMBINED this season.:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Should have given that money they used to sign Gallup to keep Cooper and let Gallup go a couple of years ago. Even I could see that back then. But, hey, Gallup was coming off a serious leg injury and Jones and Son seem to be fond of players that have a nice limp.
Coop would not get the Covid shot................Jerry went on his radio show and said Coop "was not a team player".............he was traded for a bag of Doritos like the next day.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm hoping the plan is not to just hand the role to Tolbert or find a later-round gem. Of course, the alternative is probably this front office going after another James Washington instead of actually improving the spot.
I hear the budget for a #3 WR is "Free Whataburgers for a year", all prospects need to call the Star immediately and let them know you are interested, they won't call you:thumbup:

85b3d9c86aaed6f22c3d0333be9686fd.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
Dead cap is dead. Paying too much for a player this year to kick dead cap down the road just makes your cap position worse, throwing good money after bad.
You're paying 13 million whether you keep him or not. What difference does it make if he's worth it? Getting rid of something that is already paid for seems like a waste. Even if he didn't start.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I was told that also. Dallas made a big fatal mistake letting Cooper go due to hurting Dak's ego.
Jerry really misplayed letting Cooper go for a 5th round trade and resigning Gallup.

Cowboys take catastrophic loss on Amari Cooper trade with Michael Gallup release​

The decision to trade Amari Cooper will go down in Dallas Cowboys infamy. It's been regurgitated countless times over the last two years, but the trade has aged about as horribly as anyone could have imagined and it managed to become worse after the Cowboys released Michael Gallup.

Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News hinted last week that Gallup would be released. Watkins reported that Cowboys officials met with Gallup's agent and that the 27-year-old will have a "healthy market" if he's released.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowboys-release-michael-gallup-amari-cooper-trade-01hqxt9c30ft

starfan1

Reaction score
Yep...............just like the resident experts here are all saying "Henry is washed, glad we didnt sign him".

Going to be hilarious when King Henry out rushes every one of our backs COMBINED this season.:laugh:
I don’t think Henry is washed by any stretch but I wonder the impact it will have on Lamar
What makes Lamar special is his escapability and scrambling . I wonder if they are trying to make him a pocket passer and thus imo a worse qb

Henry is a beast though if he’s gaining over 1000 yards Lamar isn’t scrambling near as much which makes him healthier but less impactful I believe

But I could be totally off here