Cowboys resale tickets prices raise as Cowboys win

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
One would think that out of the goodness of his heart and to ensure rabid fans pack AT&T Stadium Jerry would give us a break on ticket prices. Jerry finds that notion amusing....

Winning has led to spike in Cowboys ticket prices

Anthony Andro
FOX Sports Southwest

OCT 15, 2014 1:12P ET

101314-NFL-Dallas-Cowboys-quarterback-Tony-Romo-AS-PI.vadapt.480.medium.0.jpg

Joe Nicholson / USA TODAY Sports

What does a 5-1 start for Dallas mean other than renewed playoff hopes for the faithful?

More demand for Dallas tickets. Whether the fans showing up to AT&T Stadium are pulling for theCowboys or their opponents, it's adding up to a higher ticket prices for those going to games.

According to www.tiqiq.com, which is a resale ticket market aggregator, the Cowboys ticket prices are at their highest average since the site starting tracking ticket prices in 2010. The current home ticket average for a game is $283.22, which is up more than eight percent since the season started.

That's also up nearly $20 a ticket since this time last year, when the average Cowboys ticket price was $264.06.

Click the link for the rest of the story.

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/winning-has-led-to-spike-in-cowboys-ticket-prices-101514

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I can remember back in the day going to DFW on a whims notice and getting tickets in the parking lot, sometimes 2 mins before kickoff for 20 bucks a ticket even once for $10.
Add in the parking, as well as any concessions and it can get pretty pricey nowadays.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
One would think that out of the goodness of his heart and to ensure rabid fans pack AT&T Stadium Jerry would give us a break on ticket prices. Jerry finds that notion amusing....

Blaming Jerry Jones for prices in a resale ticket market ...:cool: Well, I guess a hater has to find something to hate since the team is doing well so far.

How does Jerry Jones profit from resale of tickets? Does he get a cut of the markup? Cowboys sell ticket to person A for $100. Person A sells the ticket for $150 to a private party. Does some of that $50 markup come back to Jerry?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
That tracks resale ticket prices unless I misread it. What does Jerry have to do with that?

Its all relative. If Jerry lowered prices do you think resellers would raise theirs or lower them? As a reseller, I have to remain competitive or I will fold.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Like I said, if Ticket prices were more reasonable across the board, resellers would be out of business. You're trying to tell me the spike in ticket prices has zero to do with Jerry? Really now...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
lol this is some of the worst spin to a failed thread I've ever seen. Come on, Bleu.

Guess I felt the need to mix things up. (Shrug). I have been wanting to experience a game since AT&T opened but the prices continue to discourage that trip.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
It's virtually impossible to tell what the pre-resale difference was.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Like I said, if Ticket prices were more reasonable across the board, resellers would be out of business. You're trying to tell me the spike in ticket prices has zero to do with Jerry? Really now...

you are being laughed at (not with) because of this gem: Romo complains.. What does Jerry do? Surprise surprise..

Proximo

Reaction score
Its all relative. If Jerry lowered prices do you think resellers would raise theirs or lower them? As a reseller, I have to remain competitive or I will fold.

Think it might be best if you just threw in the towel on this one bro. Have you seen the responses? You're not fooling anyone.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The secondary market matches demand. It is virtually completely independent of face value.

True true. But one would be hard pressed to find a positive tilt regarding face value ticket prices and rhat change since the new stadium came online.