Cowboys resale tickets prices raise as Cowboys win

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This thread is embarrassingly bad. You know its bad when you Bash Jerry thread backfires lol. That's usually a easy one to pull over here at the zone lol.

How did you miss "According to www.tiqiq.com, which is a resale ticket market aggregator," or did you just not care that it said its a resale site?

I didn't care.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I laughed too.

But the point still remains. We don't pack our stadium. Why don't we?

We pack the stadium. RESELLERS....the one this article is about? THEY are the reason why other fans pack our stadium. People get more money than they spend so some of the weaker opponents we face people will pass on.

You know what will happen when Jerry lowers the price? The resell well go UP as long as the Cowboys do good lol. I don't know where you get this notion from that if Jerry lowers prices than the resellers will lower prices lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't care.

That part is clear. Isn't it a bannable offense to make up titles of threads just to get people to enter and then when you get in there the article isn't backed by the claim in the thread title? Or maybe that's another site lol.

Plankton

Reaction score
d4d9o.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You know what will happen when Jerry lowers the price? The resell well go UP as long as the Cowboys do good lol. I don't know where you get this notion from that if Jerry lowers prices than the resellers will lower prices lol.
I don't believe that to be the case. First of all, there is plenty of competition amongst resellers. Enough to ensure reasonable prices remain competitive. Secondly, if I could a actually go to a Dallas Cowboys sanctioned site to but a "reasonably priced" ticket directly from the organization, why would I even fool with a reseller?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
That part is clear. Isn't it a bannable offense to make up titles of threads just to get people to enter and then when you get in there the article isn't backed by the claim in the thread title? Or maybe that's another site lol.

I'm humoring you. Are you attempting to get me banned? I'm sure you would love that. ;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't believe that to be the case. First of all, there is plenty of competition amongst resellers. Enough to ensure reasonable prices remain competitive. Secondly, if I could a actually go to a Dallas Cowboys sanctioned site to but a "reasonably priced" ticket directly from the organization, why would I even fool with a reseller?

Because the tickets will more than likely be sold out. Why fool with a reseller at all? Why do resellers even exist if you can just purchase the item from the original source for cheap? Because they sell out and force you to go to a reseller. That's with any item in America. When Jordan's sell out....what do resellers do? They spike the prices 200 dollars and resell them for 400 when they got them fro 160. This is America. When something is "cheap" there's a reason. When you resell it will always be more expensive when its in demand. What business would mark prices DOWN for tickets that are highly in demand? It makes no sense.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lol... Thanks mods. I sleepwalked a touch and my fellow fans gave me plenty of grief for it.

Bottom line, my intention was not to "bash" Jerry. It was to bring attention to the lack of a high percentage of Cowboys fans at our home games. I failed in attempting to get that point across. But I'll live..lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm humoring you. Are you attempting to get me banned? I'm sure you would love that. ;)

Not trying to get you banned at all. Its not that serious. I'm more shocked by it all to be honest. A "Bash Jerry" thread is so simple. Its so easy. Why resort to the extremes of making stuff up in order to get people to do it?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One would think that out of the goodness of his heart and to ensure rabid fans pack AT&T Stadium Jerry would give us a break on ticket prices. Jerry finds that notion amusing....

Winning has led to spike in Cowboys ticket prices

Anthony Andro
FOX Sports Southwest

OCT 15, 2014 1:12P ET

101314-NFL-Dallas-Cowboys-quarterback-Tony-Romo-AS-PI.vadapt.480.medium.0.jpg

Joe Nicholson / USA TODAY Sports

What does a 5-1 start for Dallas mean other than renewed playoff hopes for the faithful?

More demand for Dallas tickets. Whether the fans showing up to AT&T Stadium are pulling for theCowboys or their opponents, it's adding up to a higher ticket prices for those going to games.

According to www.tiqiq.com, which is a resale ticket market aggregator, the Cowboys ticket prices are at their highest average since the site starting tracking ticket prices in 2010. The current home ticket average for a game is $283.22, which is up more than eight percent since the season started.

That's also up nearly $20 a ticket since this time last year, when the average Cowboys ticket price was $264.06.

Click the link for the rest of the story.

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/winning-has-led-to-spike-in-cowboys-ticket-prices-101514

The title of the tread has been changed to reflect what the article was about.

Rule #20 You will not use misleading, fake or exclamatory titles.

Please do not do that again.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Because the tickets will more than likely be sold out. Why fool with a reseller at all? Why do resellers even exist if you can just purchase the item from the original source for cheap? Because they sell out and force you to go to a reseller. That's with any item in America. When Jordan's sell out....what do resellers do? They spike the prices 200 dollars and resell them for 400 when they got them fro 160. This is America. When something is "cheap" there's a reason. When you resell it will always be more expensive when its in demand. What business would mark prices DOWN for tickets that are highly in demand? It makes no sense.
Prices have been consistently on the incline. Jerry has to pay for his investment. Continue to utilize creative ways to recoup funds (I.e. special events.. College sports, Boxing..) Be creative and save the Cowboys fans the grief by not hitting their pockets.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Not trying to get you banned at all. Its not that serious. I'm more shocked by it all to be honest. A "Bash Jerry" thread is so simple. Its so easy. Why resort to the extremes of making stuff up in order to get people to do it?
Again. I wasn't attempting to bash Jerry. I was attempting to bring light to issues with filling our stadium with Cowboys fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol... Thanks mods. I sleepwalked a touch and my fellow fans gave me plenty of grief for it.

Bottom line, my intention was not to "bash" Jerry. It was to bring attention to the lack of a high percentage of Cowboys fans at our home games. I failed in attempting to get that point across. But I'll live..lol

You'll be okay lol.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The title of the tread has been changed to reflect what the article was about.

Rule #20 You will not use misleading, fake or exclamatory titles.

Please do not do that again.

Never intentional.. Slept standing up. Rules. Got it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Prices have been consistently on the incline. Jerry has to pay for his investment. Continue to utilize creative ways to recoup funds (I.e. special events.. College sports, Boxing..) Be creative and save the Cowboys fans the grief by not hitting their pockets.

I means its business though. We have the right to complain as customers but if i'm running a business.....why would I decline the prices when its in so much demand? Not only that but we also know in America the more expensive a item is, the more we run and purchase it. Even if Jerry had increases pricing...i'd understand. I wouldn't like it and he MAY take a hit in the stands from fellow Cowboy fans but if you're winning at home even with no home field advantage? Do you really care about Home Field Advantage at this point if you're Jerry?

Hoov

Reaction score

Yeah right. The fact that the reSale prices increased after the last win is evidence against this. The price is what it is. Law of supply and demand.

Ticket agencies tried to sell stones tickets for as much as 10 ,000 a piece for VIP seating.

The stones tried to do something about it by not releasing the tickets till real late to prevent resale and by requiring id to match the name on the online purchaser.

But I bet folks still worked it out.

This happens at the superbowl every year. You can buy tickets weeks ahead of time but you have to meet the reseller in the city of the Super Bowl the day before to get them.