Signed by Cowboys Cowboys resigning Caraun Reid

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
One last fun note about English football, and I'll get back to the topic of this thread. I also played at a little caravan park in New Milton, England against a fairly organized group of chaps. I scrapped up my shins quite badly (my mum wasn't too pleased by it), but I did manage to get a team win there. In fact, I had a BEAUTIFUL goal. I kicked the ball from where the goal kick would've been (the pitch was enclosed by netting), and it flew into the back of the net. I was, obviously, pleased with myself.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh, I got right up at them...well....more hobbled over there, and asked why the chap that kicked me wasn't sent off. They weren't impressed despite the clear body evidence that I had, in fact, been kicked cleats up.

Early schools in Texas allowed metal cleats to be worn in football. The older those were, the more injuries occurred...cuts and scars and such. Some were razor sharp. In baseball, I saw flying cleats...until a baseball ended up along side the player's head following the tag.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I played soccer for A&I when I was uneligible due to 3 too few hours following my transfer from the Academy. We started their first soccer team, and most were from South America...on the field. I later played for the Javelinas, football.

Haha, I'd like to play semipro at some point. I'd be one of the few England players probably, but still.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Early schools in Texas allowed metal cleats to be worn in football. The older those were, the more injuries occurred...cuts and scars and such. Some were razor sharp. In baseball, I saw flying cleats...until a baseball ended up along side the player's head following the tag.

Yeah, that would definitely hurt. I don't remember what cleats I wore, but they definitely weren't metal cleats as I was the kicker. They weren't English football (or soccer) cleats, but that may have been useful.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, that would definitely hurt. I don't remember what cleats I wore, but they definitely weren't metal cleats as I was the kicker. They weren't English football (or soccer) cleats, but that may have been useful.
Thanks for the conversation...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Best news I've heard all day...should have never been cut to begin with.:popcorn:

Now...if we can just get Marinellie to get his rotations straight...

Run unit...

LDE-Taco
NT-Woods
3DT- Collins
RDE-Crawford

Passing downs...

LDE-Lawerence
3DT- Reid
NT-Irvin
RDE-Gregory/Armstrong

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
The Cowboys have placed defensive tackle Datone Jones on injured reserve with a hamstring strain and signed Caraun Reid, who spent the end of training camp with the team. Jones played in just five snaps in the loss to Seattle after being inactive the first two games because of a sprained knee. The Cowboys told Reid to remain ready because they liked what he did for them in the preseason but did not have a spot on the 53-man roster at the cut down day.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

They would have had a spot for him, if they did the right thing and put Frederick on IR.