Twitter: Cowboys restructure Prescott and Martin

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't give two s***s. I wish there was NO cap. Free market, baby!!!!

This is America.

I was pointing out how OTHERS complain and compare! Good post though. (fart noise)
You're a little high strung there aren't you?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Now they can afford to make honest offers to first tier free agents and sign second tier free agents.
We were well over the cap before this move
not sure how far under we are now, but maybe someone can tell us

John813

Reaction score
We were well over the cap before this move
not sure how far under we are now, but maybe someone can tell us

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

14.7mil

What's crazy to me is that they could of been 26mil under if they didn't franchise tag Pollard. They'll drag it out as they've never been quick to get contracts resolved unless it's actually holding up another bargain bin signing.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

14.7mil

What's crazy to me is that they could of been 26mil under if they didn't franchise tag Pollard. They'll drag it out as they've never been quick to get contracts resolved unless it's actually holding up another bargain bin signing.
What's interesting is that the FO didn't need to restructure all of that money to get under the CAP, on the 15th.
The impression it gives to us the fans is 'look we've got the CAP to make 1st week FA signings (with signing bonus allocation into the future' .....where they actually use it is the next question (or a 'we had the money/tried' deflection). We can hope, but proof is in the spending.

John813

Reaction score
What's interesting is that the FO didn't need to restructure all of that money to get under the CAP, on the 15th.
The impression it gives to us the fans is 'look we've got the CAP to make 1st week FA signings (with signing bonus allocation into the future' .....where they actually use it is the next question (or a 'we had the money/tried' deflection). We can hope, but proof is in the spending.

I agree. But to me it leads to an extension for Prescott but buys them time for an extension. I'd assume they would want some extra cap space if he signs an extension this year for the new prorated bonus but now there's no rush this offseason asap for cap space.
Not sure about Martin quite yet but I'll be surprised if he plays at a 23mil cap hit next year, but they can address that next year when he's 34.

They can really free up 10's of millions more with just Tyron and Zeke contract fates, so like you said it's all about where they use that money/truly target.
Cause any new player they can make the first year cap hit 1 mil base+ prorated signing bonus to minimize year 1 cap hit.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score

14.7mil

It's closer to 10mil when you factor in the tender for Terrence Steele. Right now that is not accounted for.