Twitter: Cowboys restructure Prescott and Martin

MaineBoy

Reaction score
yes I just dont see what they see in dak.
They act like they have a mahomes,allen, burrows,Hebert ,rodgers etc.

they think dak is so good, that they dont even have to look at other qb's anymore.
And this is what makes them losers.

KC had a good qb, that had gotten them to good record and the playoffs, but they were still looking at qb's, spotted
mahomes, moved up drafted him, and when he showed he was ready to take over they got rid of the other guy.
Thats why they are winning SB's now and Dallas cant get past div round.

Most of us here and in the media, think dak is just a avg good qb, who is inconsistent.

But the jones boys somehow look at him and see an elite player almost as good as mahomes lol.
That is bizarre.

I do think part of it is it makes their jobs easier, as looking for another qb, would be quite a bit of hard work and making the transition
would be more work.
By saying dak is good enough for them, they eliminate all that work and time involved, and can just play with their toy and have fun, make statements lol.
I’m pretty sure Jerry and Stephen see the same thing the rest of us do. Their problem is they are the idiots who made the mistake of paying him all that money and now they can’t get out of it. So they spin spin spin how great he is and all the faith they have in him because they have no choice and don’t want to expose their mistake and stupidity.

Londonboy

Reaction score
What other teams have does effect us....that's why we overpay OUR GUYS as in most every year we are so short of CAP Space (compared to other teams) that we know if the player hits FA we are unlikely to be able to compete.

Just saying the CAP's increasing needs to be put in context, rather than the caveman analysis of 'have CAP, spend CAP'.
We're overpaying Guys who would have gotten more on the open market?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We're overpaying Guys who would have gotten more on the open market?
So Zeke and DLaw would of gotten more on the market? ....and historically Romo's contract which combined with the Dead Money paid to Dez (and maybe Witten) really restricted spending in Dak's early years.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No idea.

But You said that We're overpaying Guys that would get more on the open market, not sure that makes any sense.
Yep, it does lol....what I meant is that we're stopping players reaching free agency by overpaying (what they're worth) before an auction takes place that we can't compete in. Based this on most all FA's get way more money than they're worth.
EG to keep Diggs we're going to need to pay him as the best paid CB (regardless of his talent level) or he'll test free agency and look to the market (it only takes two teams) to inflate to astronomical levels.

tunahelper

Reaction score
uh oh. The greedy quarterback surrendered money back to his boss. This is the kind of cooperation between boss and employee that might favorably lengthen their partnership for several more years. Will CowboysZone survive this latest news? Stay tuned true believers!
Why are you whispering?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Anybody wanna bet a Double Qtr at Ronnies that this money won't be touched until all FA's with a pulse have signed elsewhere?
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that the money freed up doesn't cover a whole lot. They still have to sign their draft class. If they let ALL of their free agents go then maybe they can get someone but this free agency period looks really ugly for the Cowboys.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that the money freed up doesn't cover a whole lot. They still have to sign their draft class. If they let ALL of their free agents go then maybe they can get someone but this free agency period looks really ugly for the Cowboys.
It's enough CAP to play with and with other possible restructures we COULD look to top end FA's. We've enough space in 2024 to pay any FA signing and prorate it into 2024 and beyond. The Bears trading their no.1 pick for DJ Moore+ maybe to our benefit as it probably takes them out of the WR market and they'd be able to blow any of our offers out of the water with their CAP space over the next couple of years.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Yep, it does lol....what I meant is that we're stopping players reaching free agency by overpaying (what they're worth) before an auction takes place that we can't compete in. Based this on most all FA's get way more money than they're worth.
EG to keep Diggs we're going to need to pay him as the best paid CB (regardless of his talent level) or he'll test free agency and look to the market (it only takes two teams) to inflate to astronomical levels.
That's what a marketplace is, You either pay market rates or Guys leave, if You're getting them to take less than they could get on the open market, it's about the best You can hope for.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Could look at it the other way, we only needed to clear $16m this week, as we now are $14 in credit there's no longer a need to restructure Tyron (though it would be prudent to do so.

Dak and Zack bought time especially for a resolution on the Zeke situation....it's a statement to him saying that there's no immediate rush we'll cut you as a post June and pocket a further $10m.

I don’t understand the Zeke situation. Why do we even want him anymore. Just cut him. He is worthless at this point in his career. Not even worth the minimum

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak has a caphit of 27mil now.

Simply restructuring dak imo, I think this is his prove it yr. Next yr Dallas has an insane amount of cap. If he fails their expectations I think they walk and he's a June cut Next yr. Dallas can absorb that hit easy next yr and still have over 100mil to work with.

This yr for dak
Base salary 2mil
Sb 13.2 mil
Res money 12.18mil
If Prescott is a June cut next year how much does that cost in cap space for future years? That's all I care about as next season is already another write off with him as QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has a caphit of 27mil now.

Simply restructuring dak imo, I think this is his prove it yr. Next yr Dallas has an insane amount of cap. If he fails their expectations I think they walk and he's a June cut Next yr. Dallas can absorb that hit easy next yr and still have over 100mil to work with.

This yr for dak
Base salary 2mil
Sb 13.2 mil
Res money 12.18mil

How many more years does Dakko get to prove himself......Jeez???????? :muttley:
This is what we got at QB1 and trust me here it ain't changing for the better!!!
dam-dak.gif

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If Prescott is a June cut next year how much does that cost in cap space for future years? That's all I care about as next season is already another write off with him as QB.
Saves us $34m, our CAP is presently in surplus by about $60m.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How many more years does Dakko get to prove himself......Jeez???????? :muttley:
This is what we got at QB1 and trust me here it ain't changing for the better!!!
dam-dak.gif
Jezza keeps logging on here, seems the variety of posts blaming everyone including the concession staff and gives him one more chance.
I must admit that after the Buccs game I thought he'd overcome the mental block and up his game at crucial times in crucial games....however the 4th quarter showed he went back to type.