Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select DE Bradlee Anae with the 179th Pick (5th Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Believe me, I am no draft expert, but this guy's videos make me feel the complete opposite of when I watched Taco.

Taco looked like he got off the snap in slow motion.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If an offense runs up the middle on 3rd and 8, it's not likely to be a DT that makes the stop.

As I explained, the DT are likely both lined up as 3tech and pass rushing to the outside of the OGs.

Belichick's 3rd and 8 defense is most often only 2 DL, both outside the OGs with a big LB lined up on the Center.

As Erik Williams was known to say to opponents, "Just take your whupping like a man".

But what does Belichick know?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
NO thanks. I have no interest in a DE that runs a 4.9. They tried the with Taco nd it didnt work. D-law is limited because he runs 4.8 before gaining 15 pounds. He has moves and strength, but his lack of pure speed holds him back at times.

QUOTE="eromeopolk, post: 10164429, member: 35327"]Name: Bradlee Anae
College: Utah Number: 6
Height: 6-3 Weight: 257
Position: DE Pos2: OLB
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2020
40 Low: 4.82 40 Time: 4.91 40 High: 4.95
Projected Round: 2-3 Stock:
same.gif
High: 2nd Low: 3rd
80.0.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6033
Weight: 257

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.91
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.91
20 Yard (ET): 2.83
20 Yard (HH): 2.71
10 Yard (ET): 1.69
10 Yard (HH): 1.63 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump: 31
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.43
3-Cone Drill: 7.44
**Projected 4.76/+.15

Dates: 03/26/20
Hand: 10 1/8 Arm: 32 1/8
Wingspan: 78 1/8

Data Scout Notes: **2019: MorrisTrophyWinner/1stC...HendricksFinalist...PHendricks/PNagurski/PBednarik...1st team All-Pac 12, AP 1st team All-Pac 12 w/51 TT, 15.5 TFL, 8 SCK, 3 PBU, 2 FF in 14 gms in '18. AP 2nd team All-Pac 12 w/39 TT, 10 TFL, 7 SCK, 3 QBH, 2 F4, 3 FF in 9 sts, 13 gms in '17. Backup w/4 TT, 2 TFL, 2 SCK in 6 gms in '16. Dad, Brad Anae, played in the USFL for Houston Gamblers.

30 sacks in 3 years sounds good. However, I really liked Curtis Weaver better.[/QUOTE]

Cmac

Reaction score
They have an annual award for "Go More out to sea"?
C'mon....we got to show some love.....sometimes......I understand and I know.....JJ will probably mess a good thing up.

QT

Reaction score
Rooting for this guy. Love how he throws guys to the ground. Good Braddah...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NO thanks. I have no interest in a DE that runs a 4.9. They tried the with Taco nd it didnt work. D-law is limited because he runs 4.8 before gaining 15 pounds. He has moves and strength, but his lack of pure speed holds him back at times.

QUOTE="eromeopolk, post: 10164429, member: 35327"]Name: Bradlee Anae
College: Utah Number: 6
Height: 6-3 Weight: 257
Position: DE Pos2: OLB
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2020
40 Low: 4.82 40 Time: 4.91 40 High: 4.95
Projected Round: 2-3 Stock:
same.gif
High: 2nd Low: 3rd
80.0.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6033
Weight: 257

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.91
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.91
20 Yard (ET): 2.83
20 Yard (HH): 2.71
10 Yard (ET): 1.69
10 Yard (HH): 1.63 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump: 31
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.43
3-Cone Drill: 7.44
**Projected 4.76/+.15

Dates: 03/26/20
Hand: 10 1/8 Arm: 32 1/8
Wingspan: 78 1/8

Data Scout Notes: **2019: MorrisTrophyWinner/1stC...HendricksFinalist...PHendricks/PNagurski/PBednarik...1st team All-Pac 12, AP 1st team All-Pac 12 w/51 TT, 15.5 TFL, 8 SCK, 3 PBU, 2 FF in 14 gms in '18. AP 2nd team All-Pac 12 w/39 TT, 10 TFL, 7 SCK, 3 QBH, 2 F4, 3 FF in 9 sts, 13 gms in '17. Backup w/4 TT, 2 TFL, 2 SCK in 6 gms in '16. Dad, Brad Anae, played in the USFL for Houston Gamblers.

30 sacks in 3 years sounds good. However, I really liked Curtis Weaver better.
[/QUOTE]

Man 40 times are irrelevant to pass rushers. Taco did not suck because of his 40 time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Man 40 times are irrelevant to pass rushers. Taco did not suck because of his 40 time.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call it completely irrelevant because sometimes a pass rusher has to chase a scrambling QB, but it's certainly not the end all, be all some seem to think. The quickness off the line is the real key, then technique and tenacity are also important.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man 40 times are irrelevant to pass rushers. Taco did not suck because of his 40 time.
I wouldn't call it completely irrelevant because sometimes a pass rusher has to chase a scrambling QB, but it's certainly not the end all, be all some seem to think. The quickness off the line is the real key, then technique and tenacity are also important.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but is he gonna chase him for 40 yards? A 40 time is not going to stop me from taking a pass rusher.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it completely irrelevant because sometimes a pass rusher has to chase a scrambling QB, but it's certainly not the end all, be all some seem to think. The quickness off the line is the real key, then technique and tenacity are also important.[/QUOTE]

One player doesn't prove the rule but Terrell Suggs ran a 4.9 at combine and then posted 139 sacks in the NFL with 7 Pro Bowls. You can't compare the two but he is basically the exact measurables of Anae.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it completely irrelevant because sometimes a pass rusher has to chase a scrambling QB, but it's certainly not the end all, be all some seem to think. The quickness off the line is the real key, then technique and tenacity are also important.

One player doesn't prove the rule but Terrell Suggs ran a 4.9 at combine and then posted 139 sacks in the NFL with 7 Pro Bowls. You can't compare the two but he is basically the exact measurables of Anae.[/QUOTE]
Calais Campbell ran a 4.85 as well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but is he gonna chase him for 40 yards? A 40 time is not going to stop me from taking a pass rusher.[/QUOTE]
Of course he's not going to chase him for 40 yards, but straight line speed is a factor even chasing a QB 5-10 yards, and the faster a player is, the more likely he is to make up the ground. All I'm saying is straight line speed is an asset that can help a pass rusher - really any player at any position. But, again, it's not as important to a pass rusher as initial quickness of the line and pass rush moves.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah but is he gonna chase him for 40 yards? A 40 time is not going to stop me from taking a pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

One player doesn't prove the rule but Terrell Suggs ran a 4.9 at combine and then posted 139 sacks in the NFL with 7 Pro Bowls. You can't compare the two but he is basically the exact measurables of Anae.[/QUOTE]
One player doesn't prove the rule but Terrell Suggs ran a 4.9 at combine and then posted 139 sacks in the NFL with 7 Pro Bowls. You can't compare the two but he is basically the exact measurables of Anae.
Calais Campbell ran a 4.85 as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but is he gonna chase him for 40 yards? A 40 time is not going to stop me from taking a pass rusher.
Of course he's not going to chase him for 40 yards, but straight line speed is a factor even chasing a QB 5-10 yards, and the faster a player is, the more likely he is to make up the ground. All I'm saying is straight line speed is an asset that can help a pass rusher - really any player at any position. But, again, it's not as important to a pass rusher as initial quickness of the line and pass rush moves.[/QUOTE]
What the Hell's going on with the quote feature???

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

lol, you somehow got your quoting screwed up. You have me quoted as saying something I did not, and what I did say you don't show as being a quote.

In any case, I said straight speed is not the key factor, just that it can be an asset.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Calais Campbell ran a 4.85 as well.[/QUOTE]

Of course he's not going to chase him for 40 yards, but straight line speed is a factor even chasing a QB 5-10 yards, and the faster a player is, the more likely he is to make up the ground. All I'm saying is straight line speed is an asset that can help a pass rusher - really any player at any position. But, again, it's not as important to a pass rusher as initial quickness of the line and pass rush moves.[/QUOTE]
What the Hell's going on with the quote feature???[/QUOTE]
lol - I thought it was individual posters screwing it up, but it's starting to look like a glitch in the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.