Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select DT Neville Gallimore with the 82nd Pick (3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tussinman

Reaction score
This is why I cannot stand when fans complain about us signing veteran mid tier starters

You immediately improve your starting line-up, improve the progress of your young developing players (along with allowing them to slowly rotate in versus getting fed to the wolves day 1) and you don't have any long term cap implications

I literally cannot even begin to understand why fans would actually complain about any of those 3 things :huh:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I honestly wonder who they are trying to fool when they say things like this. So their second round guy they almost took in the first round, and their third round guy they almost took in the second. It’s like they are trying so hard to convince us they did so well here, when it’s all based on “the board”. A board that happens to be created by the same morons that the fan base trashes the other 364 days of the year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I honestly wonder who they are trying to fool when they say things like this. So their second round guy they almost took in the first round, and their third round guy they almost took in the second. It’s like they are trying so hard to convince us they did so well here, when it’s all based on “the board”. A board that happens to be created by the same morons that the fan base trashes the other 364 days of the year.

They say this garbage every year..

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Hills problem is not talent and traits, his problem is effort on the field and attitude.
Hill has no balance. I don’t know what it is I went back and watched his preseason film and he’s always on the ground. Weak legs ? Poor balance? He honestly played like a 7th round / UDFA

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They utilize this tactic and the "we heard New England really liked him" one as well.

One moment Stephen is saying there was a "1% chance that we thought Diggs would be there at 51" and a few moments later you are saying "we almost took Gallimore over Diggs." Really? A guy you liked that you were sure was not going to be there and you think, no, no, let's take this other guy instead. Most GM's, right or wrong, are confident about their boards. A guy they like is there, they pounce. A guy you love and think you have no chance at 51 is sitting there in the 40s, you trade up.

All of this presumes their board is good.

Here's the thing. If every year, a guy you "had a 2nd round grade on" is available in the 3rd round, it means that the majority of NFL teams do not agree with you. It means your board is most likely wrong.

The Cowboys absolutely nailed their first two picks and for me, the jury is out on the third one. However, this wasn't some great strategy to play the draft perfectly and land Lamb and Diggs. It was purely luck and circumstance. Even with Lamb, their 6th best player, available at 17, they still considered drafting Chaisson.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They utilize this tactic and the "we heard New England really liked him" one as well.

One moment Stephen is saying there was a "1% chance that we thought Diggs would be there at 51" and a few moments later you are saying "we almost took Gallimore over Diggs." Really? A guy you liked that you were sure was not going to be there and you think, no, no, let's take this other guy instead. Most GM's, right or wrong, are confident about their boards. A guy they like is there, they pounce. A guy you love and think you have no chance at 51 is sitting there in the 40s, you trade up.

Here's the thing. If every year, a guy you "had a 2nd round grade on" is available in the 3rd round, it means that the majority of NFL teams do not agree with you. It means your board is most likely wrong.

The Cowboys absolutely nailed their first two picks and for me, the jury is out on the third one. However, this wasn't some great strategy to play the draft perfectly and land Lamb and Diggs. It was purely luck and circumstance. Even with Lamb, their 6th best player, available at 17, they still considered drafting Chaisson.

Reinforcing double checking is smart, even when outcomes are already known...good business.

kumizi

Reaction score
Unless the injury bug hits I feel like we get noticable contributions from all three top picks. Normally I dont.
I don’t think this guy gives them much production this year. Either year two or year three. Depending on his development, McCoy will either be a Cowboy for one or two years.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It’s amazing they grabbed Gallimore in the third yet Hill was a massive reach at 58 last year. Gallimore is a quantum leap better. Gosh Marinelli did some damage.

Gillmore at 308 lbs. was even faster than Taco Charlton at 275 lbs. Thats crazy speed for a big man like him.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Somewhat freakish athlete that runs a 4.8 at 305 pounds. Needs a lot of technique work but Brugler had him as the 80th player overall with a 2nd round grade.

I'm sure the Dallas grade is similar, we just got a top 10 player, a late first rounder and then a second rounder at 17, 51 and 82.
No way is Gallimore a 2nd rounder unless the entire draft is just garbo. He was taken right where he should’ve been. Only reason Brugler had a 2nd on him was because this is a bad draft for DT’s.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I agree, if you almost took that guy a round earlier and then everyone passed on him and he's there an entire round later, what does that mean? Sometimes they are right, Frederick was thought to be that way and I believe Lawrence was considered a bit of a reach too that they won on. But there also have been reach failures. Nobody cares about "your board" on draft day. It will be judged at the end of the season.

I'm also not moved by the perceived "value" of a pick on draft day. Lamb looks like a heckuva player to me but right now his value is exactly where he was picked... when it came time for teams to decide who they were going to hand out a four year guaranteed deal, Lamb's value was 17th. Being ranked higher on a bunch of beer gut mock drafts means nothing. We'll find out at the end of the season how they did.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Cut Crawford, save $8 million, give that money to either Everson Griffin or Clowney.

That would complete this dream offseason. We have killed this draft.

I think Crawford is a solid pro.

But I am in full agreement that his treatment by the organization as some kind of sacred cow despite the constant injuries is ridiculous given the available talent the removal of his salary from cap space could potentially bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.