Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select DT Neville Gallimore with the 82nd Pick (3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Poe and McCoy are bridge players who may only be with the Cowboys for one season but had Hill not been so disappointing his rookie year I doubt we take a DT in the third round unless the team thought Gallimore was the best player on the board. A second round pick has to be a complete flop not to be able to make a game day roster.

Yeah, no question he was awful last year. I'm just saying that I really doubt they give up on him at this point, he was always a project and has the physical skills to still develop into an above average player. If he does they aren't going to let Woods block his path and the two starters are already in their 30's.

Silverstar

Reaction score
With Blacklock, Hamilton, Davidson, R. Davis all off the board this pick was not exactly a shock.

With his athleticism Gallimore could be better than all of them.

Good value pick and and we're sticking with defense at least

:thumbup:

Big_D

Reaction score
McCoy, Poe, Gallimore and Hill.
Are we going to carry 5 DTs? I don't see them giving up on Hill on year 2.

I don't think so either. This should at least motivate him. Hopefully light a fire...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This pick points to what the Cowboys think of Trysten Hill’s potential going forward.

Hill will be in camp the rest is on him. I think he has the physical talent and now he will be pushed either on the roster or off the roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, no question he was awful last year. I'm just saying that I really doubt they give up on him at this point, he was always a project and has the physical skills to still develop into an above average player. If he does they aren't going to let Woods block his path and the two starters are already in their 30's.

I don’t think they’ve totally given up on him but I doubt they feel very good about his future. The main reason Hill was drafted was Marinelli and he’s no longer here. With a new HC and DC along with the addition of McCoy and Gallimore, Hill has an uphill battle ahead of him. He’s going to have to dramatically improve to make the team this season. No way is he going to be here if he’s not good enough to suit up for games in 2020.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So both Diggs and Gallimore were is their top 5 available today? No wonder they wasted no time making the picks.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
This pick spells curtains for Hill.

He was expendable before the draft but now..

with FA and probable cuts after the draft that will be looking for work
Ain't no room at the Inn Mr. Hill.

You should have played a lot more hungry last year.

Oakland will trade for you you hope. Maybe Marinelli can buy another free ride again.

Hill will be on the PS. They are not going to cut a 2nd Round Pick. Just not going to happen due to injuries on the interior DL.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
For those wanting to cut Woods, who’s your backup 1T? Playing with 300 lb 1T is what caused all the problems last year when Woods was out.

Right now IF Smith and Gregory get reinstated, you’re looking at:

LE: DLaw/Armstrong
RE: Crawford/Smith/Gregory
1T: Poe/Woods
3T: McCoy/Gallimore/Hill

Hill isn’t making this team if everyone’s healthy. Crawford is also a potential 3T.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hill will be in camp the rest is on him. I think he has the physical talent and now he will be pushed either on the roster or off the roster.

He’ll be in camp but that may be as far as he gets unless he dramatically improves. Marinelli was a demanding coach and if he couldn’t get anything out of Hill it makes you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.