Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select DT Neville Gallimore with the 82nd Pick (3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t think they’ve totally given up on him but I doubt they feel very good about his future. The main reason Hill was drafted was Marinelli and he’s no longer here. With a new HC and DC along with the addition of McCoy and Gallimore, Hill has an uphill battle ahead of him. He’s going to have to dramatically improve to make the team this season. No way is he going to be here if he’s not good enough to suit up for games in 2020.

I agree rookie contracts are not that big to hold on to a player who is not showing development. Hill will have to fight for a job and maybe that is the best thing that could happen to him.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
We are going to need more chairs in the DL room, assuming Hot Rod took them with...

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
had Cushenberry sitting right there at Center. Went the next pick to Denver. Would have been an A+ draft.

Roy you keep harping in center. Obviously the cowboys and a lotta fans aren’t as worried about that position as you are. Between McGovern and Looney we will be fine at center.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He’ll be in camp but that may be as far as he gets unless he dramatically improves. Marinelli was a demanding coach and if he couldn’t get anything out of Hill it makes you wonder.

I agree as I said the ball is in Hill court, he has to go out and prove himself if not he will be gone. His contract is not a factor it comes down to showing he has game if not he will be gone

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Gallimore is VERY intriguing. Until the 2019 season, he was a smaller Poe (he apparently played above 320). If that’s true, and he ran a 4.79 at 304, adding 15lbs. ain’t gonna kill him. If Tomsula and Co. get his technique right, he can be a keeper. I like the comp. CBS gave - Javon Hargrove. He too was an undersized NT in college that showed pass-rushing potential. Then, he got to Pitt, and they made him into an excellent run-stuffer as well. One can hope.....

Big_D

Reaction score
Don't forget Woods is coming back too.

True but a lot can happen between now and the start of the season. Any possible trades. Surprise cuts. See where the off season takes this and see how many they keep?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree rookie contracts are not that big to hold on to a player who is not showing development. Hill will have to fight for a job and maybe that is the best thing that could happen to him.

With the moves we made at DT the writing is squarely on the wall for Hill heading into this season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With the moves we made at DT the writing is squarely on the wall for Hill heading into this season.

Yep, he can sit and pout about it or he can get motivated and show he belongs. I don't pull against any guy on this team but my sole interest is production. If he shows he then he has a chance to stay if not he will be gone

Carson

Reaction score
Yep, he can sit and pout about it or he can get motivated and show he belongs. I don't pull against any guy on this team but my sole interest is production. If he shows he then he has a chance to stay if not he will be gone

Hill just doesn’t seem like he loves football or is motivated to improve. Was the same way in college

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Hill will get the opportunity because the Cowboys want competition this summer if and when training camp begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.