Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select Josh Ball Marshall OT at 138

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Nope, sorry buddy, I've never slapped, pushed, shoved, locked a girl in a closet. I don't think I've ever raised my voice at a woman. If the relationship goes south I ghost her and move on. So no abuse in my history and I've dealt with some crazy women. I've never put my hands on a woman in an abusive way. I was taught to respect women and deal with my anger in positive ways. Again young people do stupid things. You're equating abuse with stupid. You're equating abuse with immaturity. It's not immature to lock your girlfriend in a closet. It's not immature to shove your girlfriend to the ground. That's not stupid or immature behavior. It's abuse. Plane and simple abuse. If it was just youthful ignorance then every 18 year old would be doing that and no one would think twice about it.

Let me ask you a question or two. Does every 18 year old act this way? If you have a daughter and she starts dating Ball would you be concerned? If your daughter or sister brought home a guy that had a 4 year order of protection dropped on him by his former girlfriend and 11 incidents of DV would you be happy or concerned.

The '95 draft was called the "back up" draft. The '09 draft was called the "special teams" draft. The 2021 draft is going to be called the "enabling rape and abuse draft"
I’ve learned to not make snap judgements and sum up the entirety of someone’s life based on a message board thread and five minutes of reading articles.

Maybe the media should track this woman down and see how she feels after four years. Is that what is necessary here? Does our hunger for salacious details and our desire to be part of outrage culture demand that we do so?

I mean, we have a right to know the full details of these 11 incidents don’t we?

He slapped her phone and it hit her in the face. He pushed her into a closet and she fell down. That’s abuse. Neither are admirable actions or should be condoned but is it enough to cancel the guys entire life?

Have the repercussions for those actions been sufficient to the point where perhaps he learned and grew from it?

It did cost him quite a bit, from the level of education he was able to receive, the future job training (coaching) and now monetarily via his draft position.

Certainly his reputation has suffered greatly.

To what degree should be he destroyed? Utterly?

And if we decide we are going to cancel his life, shouldn’t we find out more details before doing so?

What were the other 9 incidents? Maybe he stabbed her? You mentioned rape. Was one of those 9 incidents rape? You seem to imply it.

How comfortable are you with your level of knowledge of what took place between these two four years ago?

Comfortable enough to imply rape? It would appear so.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ve learned to not make snap judgements and sum up the entirety of someone’s life based on a message board thread and five minutes of reading articles.

Maybe the media should track this woman down and see how she feels after four years. Is that what is necessary here? Does our hunger for salacious details and our desire to be part of outrage culture demand that we do so?

I mean, we have a right to know the full details of these 11 incidents don’t we?

He slapped her phone and it hit her in the face. He pushed her into a closet and she fell down. That’s abuse. Neither are admirable actions or should be condoned but is it enough to cancel the guys entire life?

Have the repercussions for those actions been sufficient to the point where perhaps he learned and grew from it?

It did cost him quite a bit, from the level of education he was able to receive, the future job training (coaching) and now monetarily via his draft position.

And if we decide we are going to cancel his life, shouldn’t we find out more details before doing so?

What were the other 9 incidents? Maybe he stabbed her? You mentioned rape. Was one of those 9 incidents rape? You seem to imply it.

How comfortable are you with your level of knowledge of what took place between these two four years ago?

He had to enter into an agreement with her. He had to stay away from her place of work, church, school, etc. He couldn't come within 500 feet of her parents home, etc. And the allegation isn't that the phone hit her after being slapped out of her hand. He broke her phone and after she got mad he slapped her in the face. He threw her into a closet after she didn't text him back fast enough. He allegedly threw her onto the floor another time for apparently not spending enough time with him. She got a laceration on her knee from being thrown down.

That's just issues with her. He also was accused of assaulting a guy in a bar because the GF was talking to him. He smashed her windshield in another allegation and also bent her key so she couldn't get away from him.

We aren't talking childish, college stupidity here. We are talking about real issues. The fact he had to enter into a restraining agreement should tell you that these are very serious things, not college kids being college kids like some are trying to argue.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nice knowing you. Good luck finding a team to to root for without any players with questions.

Nice strawman. Who said about guys with other issues? I'll tolerate guys with baggage. Pot smokers? Fine. Guys who got in a bar right or two in college? Fine. Guys who haze teammates like Parsons? Whatever, not great, but OK.

Guys that hit/assault their girlfriends multiple times and have to have an agreement put in place to prevent him from getting near the girl? Yeah, I don't like that one bit and don't like having that associated with the Cowboys.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice strawman. Who said about guys with other issues? I'll tolerate guys with baggage. Pot smokers? Fine. Guys who got in a bar right or two in college? Fine. Guys who haze teammates like Parsons? Whatever, not great, but OK.

Guys that hit/assault their girlfriends multiple times and have to have an agreement put in place to prevent him from getting near the girl? Yeah, I don't like that one bit and don't like having that associated with the Cowboys.
I don't like pot smokers! Two of them broke into my nieces apartment instead of her neighbors, looking for weed and shot her to death when she walked into the living room. You justify what you want!!! If you allow one, allow them all.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score

I mentioned rape due to the Parsons issue and the enabling of that. Sorry I should have separated the two. You didn't answer my question tho. If your sister or daughter brought home a guy that was on an order of protection for his last relationship and had 11 counts of DV due to the last relationship would you be concerned or would you chalk it up to youthful ignorance?

If you're concerned about that then it's okay for me to be concerned that he's on the team. I'm not saying we should cancel his life or end his career. If you read any of my other posts on this subject I clearly stated that he can change and maybe he has, if he got counseling and admitted to himself he needs to change. He's on our team so I will support him on and off the field until he does something to change my mind, just like I'm doing with Parsons and Joseph.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like pot smokers! Two of them broke into my nieces apartment instead of her neighbor and shot her to death when she walked into the living room. You justify what you want!!! If you allow one, allow them all.
That ain't pot smokers. Just thugs.

That's like saying I hate white drivers because one ran over your cousin. That's how bigotry works.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don't like pot smokers! Two of them broke into my nieces apartment instead of her neighbors, looking for weed and shot her to death when she walked into the living room. You justify what you want!!! If you allow one, allow them all.
Jeez man, that's horrible. I'm sorry you got to go through that and I feel for your family. That kind of hits home and puts things in perspective.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have to be very careful with you judgements. There are girls/people out there that either exaggerate or flat out lie.

lotta people believed Jessie Smollett. All too often damage is done regardless of truth and facts.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have to be very careful with you judgements. There are girls/people out there that either exaggerate or flat out lie.

lotta people believed Jessie Smollett. All too often damage is done regardless of truth and facts.

He entered into a restraining order. So in this case, I don’t think it’s a case of exaggeration or lying on part of the girl.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He entered into a restraining order. So in this case, I don’t think it’s a case of exaggeration or lying on part of the girl.
But you see,,,you said "guys that...."

So you were making general statements. NOW you get specific.....:facepalm:

Kwyn

Reaction score
I mentioned rape due to the Parsons issue and the enabling of that. Sorry I should have separated the two. You didn't answer my question tho. If your sister or daughter brought home a guy that was on an order of protection for his last relationship and had 11 counts of DV due to the last relationship would you be concerned or would you chalk it up to youthful ignorance?

If you're concerned about that then it's okay for me to be concerned that he's on the team. I'm not saying we should cancel his life or end his career. If you read any of my other posts on this subject I clearly stated that he can change and maybe he has, if he got counseling and admitted to himself he needs to change. He's on our team so I will support him on and off the field until he does something to change my mind, just like I'm doing with Parsons and Joseph.
Or course as a father I want nothing but the very best for my child. Someone who makes her cry is a problem. The Cowboys though are not my daughter. They are my football team. It’s a different relationship.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That ain't pot smokers. Just thugs.

That's like saying I hate white drivers because one ran over your cousin. That's how bigotry works.
Get back to me when you and your family goes through something like that and we'll talk about it! I hope it never happens.....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeez man, that's horrible. I'm sorry you got to go through that and I feel for your family. That kind of hits home and puts things in perspective.
It was the worst time of of lives. Thanks brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.