Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is one of the strongest WR drafts in recent memory. Like I said they would’ve walked into the draft and took the best receiver available at 17 or in the second round. They didn’t make Amari the highest paid receiver in the league to move on after two years. Signing him cost the team Byron Jones. They were looking long-term with him.

You need to look at the structure of the contract. It was discussed a number of times in various articles.

He's guaranteed $30M in salary the first two years (in addition to $4M of prorated bonus.

After 2021, none of his salary is guaranteed and the Cowboys would save $16M in cap savings by letting him walk.

If he's on the roster on July 5, 2022, another $20 million becomes fully guaranteed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Devin Smith. Now that is some really stupid speed and WR stable. LOL

Only problem is we still have the same huge holes we did before. 2nd and 3rd round is going to make this draft.

No, we have one less hole now. Let’s see the 2nd-4th rounds come and go. There will be good defensive players available and that’s where I think they will focus.

J32969

Reaction score
LOVE this pick. He is an incredible talent. Would have been crazy to pass him up. Very excited to see this group in action. Hopeful we draft a corner, DT and center and I think we will be in good shape!

Love it

J3

pancakeman

Reaction score
But dont get me wrong I like the potential at WR and, like it or not, injuries happen and this certainly lessens the impact should it happen at WR.

And the Dez rumours? Nope.
That in itself is reason enough to love the pick!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SOS! JJ is still large and in charge. Looks like we got another puppet for a HC. McKinney and Chaisson sitting right there to help on a D that’s been awful for years and JJ goes for the splash pick. We’ll never win anything!
Really? So LVE was the splash pick? Taco? Frederick? Zack Martin? People like to claim Jerry always chases the splash guy, but history doesn't really support that.

I get that you are disappointed we didn't get defensive help. I am too. But Lamb was the top player available, so we should at least understand it would be hard to pass up that kind of talent.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Devin Smith. Now that is some really stupid speed and WR stable. LOL

Only problem is we still have the same huge holes we did before. 2nd and 3rd round is going to make this draft.
That’s where you win drafts
It’s not hard picking first rounders
Those middle and late rounds is harder but very important
Just don’t reach
Let the best players fall
We have enough holes you can use lots of guys so don’t reach

vnick

Reaction score
Love the Lamb pick. I am hoping we spend the next 3-4 picks addressing defense, but got best player available and a top 10 player. I was so shocked he slid like he did and we took advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.