Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticman

Reaction score
Two thousand yard receivers and we pick another in the 1st round. Gallup is an excellent receiver but this tells me they have no plans to keep him after his contract is up.

Long term, they seem to be replacing a very good receiver with another, not really making them stronger except the immediate next two seasons. I really thought they should have taken the safety.

But dont get me wrong I like the potential at WR and, like it or not, injuries happen and this certainly lessens the impact should it happen at WR.

And the Dez rumours? Nope.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I wrote this somewhere else asking for my top 5 wants in the 1st round (spoiler alert - I'm ecstatic):

I know the Cowboys need defensive help. My problem is, whomever they choose in the first round, I want them to get alot of snaps....starter or otherwise...I want my first rounder to impact the team in a significant way this year, in much the same way Vander Esch did. There are only 2 corners, 2 DT's, and 1 sure-thing edge rusher (Chase Young) in the first round...there's a very good chance none of them fall to 17. Most agree the Safeties could be had later than 17, so I'd feel better about Delpit/McKinney in the event of a trade down.

If they don't find a willing trade-down partner, (which is likely in the middle of the first round...is there going to be anyone there that a team can't do without?) the best player available may actually be one of the big 3 receivers (Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb). I know good to great receivers can be had later, but this situation is what beget the Cowboys Taco.

Of course, if CJ Henderson or Kinlaw fall, the Cowboys should probably go in that direction, but I do wonder how many actual starting snaps any of the defensive players will receive when competing with what is already on the depth chart. The fans might not be high on the corner room as it stands, but are you 100% convinced Henderson is a day 1 starter over Chido, Lewis, Brown? Kinlaw over Poe/McCoy?

Meanwhile, the Cowboys have this glaring gap at 3rd receiver, with nothing but camp bodies and injuries waiting to happen behind Cooper and Gallup. In the beginning, I thought team 40 burger was kinda silly, to be honest. But like I said, the way the draft, particularly the first round, seems to be shaping up, making a strength ridiculously stronger is starting to make more and more sense.

So, without further ado, my list:

Staying put @ 17:

One of the big 3 receivers (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs), if a better defensive option isn't available.
Henderson
Kinlaw
Since I don't know the situation with Vander Esch, I'm not going to put a linebacker here, but based on what I'm hearing/reading, I should be more than fine with K Murray here.

Following a small trade down (in no particular order):

Chaisson
Matos
Delpit
McKinney
Reager
What you are saying it was a great pick :)

conner01

Reaction score
Only problem is they are going to have to reach for defense now. And taking a center at #2 or #3 is probably off the table now.
Me reason to reach
Just see what falls to you
They know what’s gonna happen with smith I’m betting and Gregory
We signed 2 DT
Just see what falls to you

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hated not getting defensive help, but I also understand Lamb was hard to pass up. Hopefully much of the rest of the draft will go to defense, and who knows, this may cause them to pursue another free agent on defense that they wouldn't have if they hadn't landed Lamb.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Two thousand yard receivers and we pick another in the 1st round. Gallup is an excellent receiver but this tells me they have no plans to keep him after his contract is up.

Long term, they seem to be replacing a very good receiver with another, not really making them stronger except the immediate next two seasons. I really thought they should have taken the safety.

But dont get me wrong I like the potential at WR and, like it or not, injuries happen and this certainly lessens the impact should it happen at WR.

And the Dez rumours? Nope.

Jags get both Henderson and Chaisson. LOL Now that is a hell of a draft.

One team values defense and the other doesnt. Is it any wonder why the Cowboys D has been bad to mediocre for 20 years?

conner01

Reaction score
Amen my friend.

Lamb was elite talent. I like Chaisson but he was raw. Gregory and Smith could still produce at RDE. Pretty much means we need CB help
Yep
I liked Chaisson a lot
But lamb is a stud
And if you put up 40 the D doesn’t have to be great lol

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
7th ranked player on NFL.com and best WR ranked. I like the NFL one too cause they don't overrate QBs just because they are QBs

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Im very intrigued by this pick. A huge talent added to an already explosive offense. Coop, gallup, lamb, zeke, pollard......pretty stacked as far as wr and rb if you ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.