Twitter: Cowboys send 4 to the pro bowl

Tussinman

Reaction score
LOL at Smith and Martin getting in on reputation only

it's very obvious that people on this board only watch the cowboys and don't watch other teams

They see Martin and Smith drop in performance but fail to realize that even with a 10 to 20% drop there still literally better than 95% of the starters in the NFL

If Martin and Smith supposedly got in on reputation then someone name three NFC guards and three NFC left tackles that are CLEARLY better than both of them

Who are these guards and left tackles in the NFC that supposedly got robbed ??

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl outrage is hilarious. It doesn't mean anything...the game is terrible and it doesn't really matter who makes it. Andy Dalton was a 3 time Pro Bowler...the standards will get low once the Super Bowl alternates are announced. The players don't even really care, it's not like they get to go to Hawaii anymore.

It's always been a popularity contest that rewards players on the best teams. A 7-7 team is not going to get a lot of players. There are 13 teams with better records.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
LOL at Smith and Martin getting in on reputation only

it's very obvious that people on this board only watch the cowboys and don't watch other teams

They see Martin and Smith drop in performance but fail to realize that even with a 10 to 20% drop there still literally better than 95% of the starters in the NFL

If Martin and Smith supposedly got in on reputation then someone name three NFC guards and three NFC left tackles that are CLEARLY better than both of them

Who are these guards and left tackles in the NFC that supposedly got robbed ??

Good point. I don't think I can name 2 .

Tussinman

Reaction score
As with Rogers getting in and not Dak.

It is a reputation vote.
Rogers literally has almost the same touchdowns but nine less picks....

Yeah sorry that's not a good example of reputation getting him in, Rogers is having a damn good season. You could even easily argue Kirk cousins higher than Dak

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Rogers literally has almost the same touchdowns but nine less picks....

Yeah sorry that's not a good example of reputation getting him in, Rogers is having a damn good season. You could even easily argue Kirk cousins higher than Dak

True, hell, I might possibly flip out if Goff got in before Dak. Hahahha

In all honesty, the Pro Bowl is pointless IMO.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Sure do. Another reason why Rogers is there and Dak isn't. I don't have any quams about Dak not being, I don't care.
The Pro Bowl is meaningless to me. Haven't watched the game this century and couldn't care less who is in or who is out.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is meaningless to me. Haven't watched the game this century and couldn't care less who is in or who is out.
I suppose it is good for the players though. Another notch on the bed post come pay me time. The risk of injury would be too high for me to participate if I were playing.

Ask Robert Edwards. His injury didn't even happen in the actual game.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Good point. I don't think I can name 2 .
I don't necessarily blame the fans but they fail to realize that you're judged on you against your peers, not you against your all-time peak

That's the problem with someone like Martin and Smith. People are judging them based on their 2016 and 2014 performance and not them against their actual peers

I mean hell just look at NFC left tackle. Leno, Bakahriti, and Whitworth are all ranked lower than Tyron and all have more penalties. Joe Staley and Trent Williams aren't even playing. Nate solder is arguably the most overpaid player in the entire NFL. Lane Johnson's whose the best right tackle will be on season ending list of he can't play Sunday

That's why I laugh when people complain about Martin and Smith. If they're supposably an issue then 25 other teams have that same issue

Tussinman

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl outrage is hilarious. It doesn't mean anything...the game is terrible and it doesn't really matter who makes it. Andy Dalton was a 3 time Pro Bowler...the standards will get low once the Super Bowl alternates are announced. The players don't even really care, it's not like they get to go to Hawaii anymore.

It's always been a popularity contest that rewards players on the best teams. A 7-7 team is not going to get a lot of players. There are 13 teams with better records.
the outrage is a joke for two reasons

1. Fans don't follow other teams so then they make up crap like reputation votes when in reality that player is probably top five in their conference

2. You only have to be arguably be top 5 at your position in your conference to get in. people act like if you're not an MVP candidate and you go to the pro bowl that it's an outrage. The pro bowl is basically you being a very good starter in your conference, it's not the all-decade team or All-Pro team wear your literally the best player at your position

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
OL over hyped. Purely selected on prior history. Elliott didn’t deserve either. Cooper is only one from offense that should have been selected . Maybe Martin.

At least they got the defense right.
Cooper? No way he's in.