News: Cowboys sending a scout to Atlanta to evaluate Colin Kaepernick workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Manziel had a similar workout about a year ago and it ended up being a waste of time.

gmb1

Reaction score
the guy threatening to stop watching the NFL if the cowboys sign a player, calls others snowflakes.

classic.

:laugh:

@MarcusRock
I don't care for Kap, but at the end of the day it's the best reality show in town especially if he comes to Dallas with Bennett and Quinn. :popcorn:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I already have to watch Bennett walking up and down the sidelines behind the team during the anthems and drinking multiple cups of Gatorade.

That's enough.

I'd literally turn them off for good if they did this.
Truth is nobody cares if what you do. The same goes for me too but I know too many folks love to get their pov out even on things that are honeslty keep in the head worthy.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't care for Kap, but at the end of the day it's the best reality show in town especially if he comes to Dallas with Bennett and Quinn. :popcorn:
What did Kap do to you for you not to care for him? I’m assuming you know him because otherwise I don’t get how you can not care for some athlete you don’t know.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I’ve watched a ton of film on the guy. He’s not any good, and if he’s better than Rush (big if based on what I’ve seen) he’s not worth the premium you’d have to pay for him. If you’re going to invest in a backup then go get an actual good one like KC and Chicago did. But given how many people need to get paid with this team I doubt that’s a luxury Dallas can afford.

GenoT

Reaction score
If Kap turned in a good workout, he’d be worth considering.

My questions would 1) would he accept a backup role and 2) what kind of salary terms would he be willing to take?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If we’re serious about this then I’d be down. He’d be a upgrade over Rush. We have no backup QB if Dak were to go down. That is if this guy could still play.
Have we saw Rush get anytime with the 1st team? I’m not saying he’s Steve Young in waiting but do we know how good or bad he really is if he’s not playing with the 1st team?

ksadler1

Reaction score
I just may anyway. The games are often unwatchable, and the league is beginning what legally will be a slow spiral down the drain.

I used to watch every game I could. Now, I watch less than 50% of what comes on, or I just have it on in the background.

I don't think I've even watched 25% this year. The way things are going, l'd have no problem if the NFL went away...

uvaballa

Reaction score
There’s are teams with worse starting QBs. Not sure he’s interested in being a backup but I know he’s better than Rush.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The NFL probably instructed teams to send someone to his workout to make it look like he might be given a chance but I don’t think the league wants anything to do with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s are teams with worse starting QBs. Not sure he’s interested in being a backup but I know he’s better than Rush.

He’s just hoping for an opportunity to get back in the league. I’m sure he’s smart enough to know he’s not going to end up with a starting job after being away from the game for three years. He’ll be thankful to just be carrying a clipboard.

ksadler1

Reaction score
What did Kap do to you for you not to care for him? I’m assuming you know him because otherwise I don’t get how you can not care for some athlete you don’t know.

How about wearing socks depicting Police Officers as pigs? Wasn't he in an NFL uniform at the time? Maybe l missed it, but what did the NFL say about that? Did he even get a slap on the wrist?

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
The dude lost his starting job in SF for a reason. Then rode the pine, because he was too lazy to fight for his job back so he decided to opt out of his contract.
We don't need any lazy idiots.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kaepernick has become too controversial for any team to want to take him on especially with the playoff push coming up. He’s not going to be of help to anyone now anyway after being away from the game for three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.