Cowboys Should Consider Trading for Rosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I agree, they are probably never going to realize the value of what they gave up for him. Having said this, if you were Kingsbury and you did, in fact, want to take Murray as the first overall pick in this years draft, would you keep Rosen around or would you ship him off? Honest question because I realize that there could be two schools of thought there. Keep in mind that Kingsbury will not be saddled with any of the blame for Rosen. That pick happened before he arrived so he has a free hand to basically do whatever he wants there. If it were me, I would not keep Rosen. Regardless of what some say, Rosen doesn't fit Kingsbury's Offense IMO. I don't see the value of keeping him around. I do acknowledge that he could be a player that gains some value if teams get down to it and lose a QB, that is certainly possible, but other then that I just don't see any upside to keeping him.

I don't know what the cards will do but if the price were a 3rd, I would certainly think long and hard about doing that deal if I were Jerry.

That's just my opinion.

As much as I wouldn't blame any team for giving up a #3 pick for Rosen, I can't quite see Arizona settling for that. The Cards got themselves into the mess that they're in and I'm reasonably sure we'll see them doing all they can to recoup their investment. It's really a "sticky wicket" that Kingsbury's predecessors and the rest of the Cards' officials find them selves in, no doubt.

I'll be just as interested as yourself or anyone else, to see how they might manage to extricate themselves from the predicament they find themselves in. Will they elect to take a licking for their miscue or will they try to save face and elect to make him their highly overvalued backup? I'll surely be just as curious as anyone to see the end result of that intriguing tale. Let's see what they choose to require for his rights. We might find out tonight. ;)

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
Not so sure about that. There is a lot of talk that the Cards will not get much more then a 3rd. Now, if it costs a 2nd or for sure a 1st, I'm out. This, to me, is only a good deal if he can be had for something in the area of a 3rd or less.

The cards may not even get a 3rd out of him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am going to try to give you a substantive, reasonable response to your post instead of the knee jerk crazy responses that we do often see on this board.

1. He may be available “cheap”. Yes a 3rd round pick would be cheap for a top 10 pick, but there are several factors weighing on that. A. He seems to be a jerk with a personality disorder. B. As a top 10 pick his cap hit is significant for a rookie. C. He hasn’t been all that successful. D. I don’t think the demand for him will be all that high. He was overdrafted.

2. He’s a cancer so I don’t think the team would want him. His cap hit is too high to be a backup. So unless he is being brought in to compete with Dak, it’s probably not feasible.

I like the way you think outside the box, but on this particular deal I would take a hard pass on Rosen in a trade. If they cut him that might be a different deal. I would not give up draft capital for him, or pay him a lot of money. I think he may end up being viewed as a T. Owens cancer before all is said and done.

That's fair enough. Thanks for the response Verdict.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am going to try to give you a substantive, reasonable response to your post instead of the knee jerk crazy responses that we do often see on this board.

1. He may be available “cheap”. Yes a 3rd round pick would be cheap for a top 10 pick, but there are several factors weighing on that. A. He seems to be a jerk with a personality disorder. B. As a top 10 pick his cap hit is significant for a rookie. C. He hasn’t been all that successful. D. I don’t think the demand for him will be all that high. He was overdrafted.

2. He’s a cancer so I don’t think the team would want him. His cap hit is too high to be a backup. So unless he is being brought in to compete with Dak, it’s probably not feasible.

I like the way you think outside the box, but on this particular deal I would take a hard pass on Rosen in a trade. If they cut him that might be a different deal. I would not give up draft capital for him, or pay him a lot of money. I think he may end up being viewed as a T. Owens cancer before all is said and done.
Im 62 and don’t have the patience for stupidity anymore. They need to be told instead of coddled.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Im 62 and don’t have the patience for stupidity anymore. They need to be told instead of coddled.

LOL.... Because anybody would listen to you right? Absolutely, you go "Tell" everybody how it is. Let me know how that works for you. On second thought, don't tell me, I've seen your act for way too long and had to put with it more then anybody should have to. More drivel, you should come with a warning label from the factory.......

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your story, you tell it. I told you several posts ago that I didn't intend to argue with you. Yet here you are. Just let it go and lets see who is right. You say it doesn't matter who or what the QB is in Kingsbury's Offense. I call BS and say that's not gonna work in the NFL. Lets see who is right and who is wrong.

Yet, you continually suggested I said something I did not. Yep, that's how you show you don't want to argue … lol

And here you are again, saying you don't want to argue, yet fabricating another story about what I said that I did not. I never remotely said it doesn't matter "who" is in Kingsbury's offense, I said Kingsbury has shown he isn't limited to a particular style of QB. Obviously "who" matters because the players still has to have the talent to play at a high level in the NFL.

And that's why he will go with Murray at QB over Rosen - because he believes more in Murray's talent level. If he believed Rosen was the more talented of the two he would keep Rosen and work with his skills. He has shown more than enough flexibility with his coaching that he wouldn't have to accept lesser talent to find a "fit".

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL.... Because anybody would listen to you right? Absolutely, you go "Tell" everybody how it is. Let me know how that works for you. On second thought, don't tell me, I've seen your act for way too long and had to put with it more then anybody should have to. More drivel, you should come with a warning label from the factory.......
I could give a Rats *** if you listened to me. I just try to help for the good of the board which is the best out there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yet, you continually suggested I said something I did not. Yep, that's how you show you don't want to argue … lol

And here you are again, saying you don't want to argue, yet fabricating another story about what I said that I did not. I never remotely said it doesn't matter "who" is in Kingsbury's offense, I said Kingsbury has shown he isn't limited to a particular style of QB. Obviously "who" matters because the players still has to have the talent to play at a high level in the NFL.

And that's why he will go with Murray at QB over Rosen - because he believes more in Murray's talent level. If he believed Rosen was the more talented of the two he would keep Rosen and work with his skills. He has shown more than enough flexibility with his coaching that he wouldn't have to accept lesser talent to find a "fit".

Is your point not that Kingsbury doesn't need any specific type of QB in order to be effective? Am I wrong on this because I'm pretty sure that is what you suggested in an earlier post.

You wanna know what the real story is here? I'd be happy to take this entire thing apart for you but the problem is that it's not material to the subject matter of the thread. The thread is about the Cowboys and if they should consider Rosen. It's not about Arizona and what Kingsbury can or can't do with his Offense. It detracts from the point of the thread so yes, I don't want to go down this path. Post another thread about Kingsbury and if Rosen can actually work in his Offense and we can discuss it there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I could give a Rats *** if you listened to me. I just try to help for the good of the board which is the best out there.

Yep, your Father Flanagan with all the right thoughts. Problem is, who listens? Why do you think that is? I can tell you but honestly, I think you already know.

So again, I don't value your opinion. You, in your own words, don't care if I listen, so lets just make this easy on one another. Move on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is your point not that Kingsbury doesn't need any specific type of QB in order to be effective? Am I wrong on this because I'm pretty sure that is what you suggested in an earlier post.

You wanna know what the real story is here? I'd be happy to take this entire thing apart for you but the problem is that it's not material to the subject matter of the thread. The thread is about the Cowboys and if they should consider Rosen. It's not about Arizona and what Kingsbury can or can't do with his Offense. It detracts from the point of the thread so yes, I don't want to go down this path. Post another thread about Kingsbury and if Rosen can actually work in his Offense and we can discuss it there.

"Type" and "it doesn't matter who", are not the same thing. I said Kingsbury isn't restricted to a specific "style" (or "type" if you prefer), not that it doesn't matter
"who" that player is.

You're second paragraph is humorous because you have thus far avoided having to respond to my several comments about Rosen's talent for, and fit with the Cowboys. I've written repeatedly in this thread about how, if Rosen is too immobile for the Cardinals his mobility will be a problem with any team, and how his stats and win records both in college and the pros are lesser than Dak's, and how it wouldn't be cheap to trade for a guy who is one year removed from being the #10 overall pick in the draft, and how we would have to pay a steep price for a guy who may only end up being a backup anyway …..

You don't seem to want to talk about these points, only about things you indicate I said that I didn't. But if you want to drop the Kingsbury discussion and just talk about acquiring Rosen for Dallas, I'm game.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
"Type" and "it doesn't matter who", are not the same thing. I said Kingsbury isn't restricted to a specific "style" (or "type" if you prefer), not that it doesn't matter
"who" that player is.

You're second paragraph is humorous because you have thus far avoided having to respond to my several comments about Rosen's talent for, and fit with the Cowboys. I've written repeatedly in this thread about how, if Rosen is too immobile for the Cardinals his mobility will be a problem with any team, and how his stats and win records both in college and the pros are lesser than Dak's, and how it wouldn't be cheap to trade for a guy who is one year removed from being the #10 overall pick in the draft, and how we would have to pay a steep price for a guy who may only end up being a backup anyway ….. you don't seem to want to talk about these points, only about things you indicate I said that I didn't.

We will have to see but it seems like the bottom is dropping out on the price for Rosen. His mobility is a problem for Kingsbury scheme, but wouldn't be as big of an issue in a JG offense. Rosen has better arm talent than Dak, which is a better fit for a JG offense.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't know that the Cards have actually made it know what they might want in return for Rosen.

I’m betting they haven’t. I am sure they want to try and get all they can get out of him and won’t bid against themselves. I think your guess of a 3rd is probably in the ballpark. If they don’t like him a 3rd will get it done if they draft Kyler.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
"who" that player is.

You're second paragraph is humorous because you have thus far avoided having to respond to my several comments about Rosen's talent for, and fit with the Cowboys. I've written repeatedly in this thread about how, if Rosen is too immobile for the Cardinals his mobility will be a problem with any team, and how his stats and win records both in college and the pros are lesser than Dak's, and how it wouldn't be cheap to trade for a guy who is one year removed from being the #10 overall pick in the draft, and how we would have to pay a steep price for a guy who may only end up being a backup anyway …..

You don't seem to want to talk about these points, only about things you indicate I said that I didn't. But if you want to drop the Kingsbury discussion and just talk about acquiring Rosen for Dallas, I'm game.

And I disagree with you but again, this thread is not about Kingsbury. I mean, am I just not making myself clear with you or what?

You wanna talk about Rosen, OK, lets talk about Rosen. He is material to the discussion. Lets talk about him.

Rosen is not a scrambling QB. Rosen can effictively move in the pocket, he steps up well and he is able to release effectively and accurately. In our Offense, that will work. His lack of mobility is not really a problem because our OL is good enough to protect him long enough for him to deliver the football. He doesn't have to threaten the defense with the scramble because he is a good enough thrower to make them pay if he gets enough time. He just has to be able to move in the pocket and buy time and he is capable of doing that. His ability to scramble is more about not taking the punishment then it is his speed or quickness, to be honest. Dak is faster then Rosen but Rosen has better change of direction and it's his footwork. Rosen is much better, much quicker with his footwork and it shows up in his ability to change direction or shift weight. They avoid the rush differently and that's not really a disadvantage to either of them IMO.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We will have to see but it seems like the bottom is dropping out on the price for Rosen. His mobility is a problem for Kingsbury scheme, but wouldn't be as big of an issue in a JG offense. Rosen has better arm talent than Dak, which is a better fit for a JG offense.
That sounds like more of an argument to get rid of JG rather than acquire Rosen.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’m betting they haven’t. I am sure they want to try and get all they can get out of him and won’t bid against themselves. I think your guess of a 3rd is probably in the ballpark. If they don’t like him a 3rd will get it done if they draft Kyler.

It may be a hire third then ours, that is entirely possible assuming they have multiple interested parties but according to the pieces that I have read, a few think that his value is right around a third round pick. Of course, all of that changes if Az doesn't take Murray or they hold onto him till a team is in desperate need.

cern

Reaction score
You claim to have no patience for it yet exhibit an overwhelming propensity for it. Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.