Cowboys should have signed Kareem Hunt

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I wasn't there, but from what I remember reading is the girls wouldn't leave him alone. They tried to get the girls to leave and they wouldn't and they started saying racist things and I think that plus Hunt being drunk made him reach his boiling point. He pushed the girl and he shouldn't have, he shouldn't have laid his hands on her at all. But everybody has a breaking point and she struck that nerve. If he hit her or actually kicked her (I've watched the video a few times I never noticed an actual kick,) then that's different. But I really don't think he's some kind of woman abuser. Did she not throw a punch at him after being pushed? He definitely made a mistake, is what she did not equal to what he did, if not morally worse because she instigated it? But yet she's the victim? Idk, I'm up for different opinions and interpretations but I'm not buying that this is such a one sided situation

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrell Suggs
Tyreek Hill
Frank Clark
Joe Mixon
Reuban Foster
Kareem Hunt

All these guys are playing at a high level and all had ugly pasts

We signed Zeke Elliott, Greg Hardy, Josh Brent, Rolando McClain, Randy Gregory

No ones hands are clean so my theory is if they are eligible to play and can help the team then sign em up for a test drive
Is Hunt going to be eligible to play? He lost his job before the NFL could suspend him, so I assume now that he’s employed again the NFL will revisit the situation

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Cleveland is probably the ideal team to take a chance and sign him. They have taken on the Cubs persona of Lovable Losers. They are quietly (and finally) amassing some talent and they just made a ho-hum head coaching hire.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Is Hunt going to be eligible to play? He lost his job before the NFL could suspend him, so I assume now that he’s employed again the NFL will revisit the situation
The NFL doesn't care whether players are employed or not when they issue suspensions.... suspensions can run while a player is unemployed.... they are just doing due diligence since there will be no criminal case

I expect a 2-4 game suspension since it technically doesn't fall under the Domestic Violence Policy

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
not really. not to mention, why would he want to be Elliott's back up. I'm certain the Browns weren't his only option, and quite frankly they were a good option.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
not really. not to mention, why would he want to be Elliott's back up. I'm certain the Browns weren't his only option, and quite frankly they were a good option.
Did you see Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson?..... they are legit

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I think Dallas gets another back to compete with RS this year either via the draft or with rookie FA. They don't need the drama from the media from a Hunt signing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL doesn't care whether players are employed or not when they issue suspensions.... suspensions can run while a player is unemployed.... they are just doing due diligence since there will be no criminal case

I expect a 2-4 game suspension since it technically doesn't fall under the Domestic Violence Policy

While it may be right that they don’t care if a player is employed when they issue a suspension, he still will have to serve out the suspension once he is employed, so it will mean missing games regardless.

Curious as to why it doesn’t fall under the DV policy. Not saying you are wrong, I’m just asking so I will know. Is it because the girl wasn’t his girlfriend? I’m also wondering if the league’s personal conduct policy wouldn’t allow a lengthy suspension anyway. I would think the league could argue he physically assaulted someone, whether a girlfriend or not. Most of the reports I’m seeing suggest it will be at least 6 games, and maybe more. Of course, admittedly the press doesn’t get it right all the time.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
While it may be right that they don’t care if a player is employed when they issue a suspension, he still will have to serve out the suspension once he is employed, so it will mean missing games regardless.

Curious as to why it doesn’t fall under the DV policy. Not saying you are wrong, I’m just asking so I will know. Is it because the girl wasn’t his girlfriend? I’m also wondering if the league’s personal conduct policy wouldn’t allow a lengthy suspension anyway. I would think the league could argue he physically assaulted someone, whether a girlfriend or not. Most of the reports I’m seeing suggest it will be at least 6 games, and maybe more. Of course, admittedly the press doesn’t get it right all the time.
She wasn't a girlfriend and didn't live with him.... they were just some random girls they met that his boys were hitting on when things got ugly and they wouldn't leave his hotel room

He should not have hit her but she shared some blame

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
She wasn't a girlfriend and didn't live with him.... they were just some random girls they met that his boys were hitting on when things got ugly and they wouldn't leave his hotel room

He should not have hit her but she shared some blame

Do you happen to know if there's anything in the PCP (or any others) about lying or not being truthful to a team which also might affect Goody's decision? The Chiefs statement was they questioned him after the story came out and he gave a version, however they were unable to immediately get the security video due to hotel policy. Once the video came out it showed a different story which lead to his release and he basically admitted to it.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Curious as to why it doesn’t fall under the DV policy. Not saying you are wrong, I’m just asking so I will know. Is it because the girl wasn’t his girlfriend?

I was curious too but just watched an op-ed by a woman on BSPN who is a legal analyst. That is basically the deal. DV involves some sort of a personal relationship. He just met the woman so it is technically just assault, but there were so many conflicting reports by witnesses that the police didn't have much to go on to charge him. She also swung and hit him so I guess they could have charged her too. Doesn't excuse him but maybe Ohio has one of those "mutual combatants" laws, but I'm not a lawyer.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was curious too but just watched an op-ed by a woman on BSPN who is a legal analyst. That is basically the deal. DV involves some sort of a personal relationship. He just met the woman so it is technically just assault, but there were so many conflicting reports by witnesses that the police didn't have much to go on to charge him. She also swung and hit him so I guess they could have charged her too. Doesn't excuse him but maybe Ohio has one of those "mutual combatants" laws, but I'm not a lawyer.
I can see all that, although I’m still wondering why the NFL couldn’t still hit him with more than a 2-4 game suspension for assault. The NFL will still want to appear to be hard on a player who uses violence against a woman, even if it wasn’t a girlfriend.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If and when he plays, most likely Duke Johnson would be cut or want to be traded, I'd be fine with him as Zeke's backup...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Do you happen to know if there's anything in the PCP (or any others) about lying or not being truthful to a team which also might affect Goody's decision? The Chiefs statement was they questioned him after the story came out and he gave a version, however they were unable to immediately get the security video due to hotel policy. Once the video came out it showed a different story which lead to his release and he basically admitted to it.
I don't think so ..... it so dicey to say someone's memory of chaotic events is a lie

Most eyewitnesses get it wrong

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Lol, good stuff. Have you bought a hat yet.

To be honest I have all 32 team hats. I like collecting hats because every since I was a little kid, I would always spend whatever money I had to buy those small NFL helmets from those $1.00 candy machine. I got stuck with 5 Bears helmets :( Took forever to get all 32 helmets. For some ironic reason, the Saints were the last helmet I need to complete my collection, no wonder I hate them the most! Whatever I buy, I have to collect everything! I'm a clean hoarder!