Cowboys showing interest in Eric Berry

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If we were really considering Earl then why not Berry if he checks out medically? Last time we saw Earl he was being courted off the field....last time we saw Berry he was playing amazing in the playoffs.

I look at it like this.....if our medical doctors say its a go then its a go.

Last time I saw Earl he was flippin off his teammates. Betting Berry has more class. I hear ET has a Theisman leg, one shorter than the other. He gonna wear lifts in his cleats. I bet neither could cover my favorite pig Hilda and she runs on three legs. Ba dum bum

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, seriously.

That money is already gone.

It's not like there's some punitive rational motive in cutting a guy because he cost you all that money.

And your insistence that they were riled over the money already paid kinda gets kicked to the curb given today's date... 3/12.... if it was as you suggest, there's no reason you would wait until about 48 hours before the player's contract deadline comes up.

If you want to get stuck on the "past money" thing, feel free. I'm not. I'm looking at the big picture, including the parts you'd rather not see.

They paid $15 million in dead money to get out of this horrific deal. That's more than a full year of the guy's salary, just to get out.

But you go ahead and ignore that and campaign to jump in with both feet.

While you get more facts wrong about his health and when and why he didn't play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally understand and agree. I have been training for over 40 years. I know how an injury can hinder you. Whether you're recovered from it or not. But he still might be better at 3/4

I've said I'd be down with something strictly incentive based. Pay him if he plays.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've said I'd be down with something strictly incentive based. Pay him if he plays.
I like long-term contracts with injury clauses. But in this case short-term with the same injury Clause LOL

_sturt_

Reaction score
If you want to get stuck on the "past money" thing, feel free. I'm not. I'm looking at the big picture, including the parts you'd rather not see.

They paid $15 million in dead money to get out of this horrific deal. That's more than a full year of the guy's salary, just to get out.

But you go ahead and ignore that and campaign to jump in with both feet.

While you get more facts wrong about his health and when and why he didn't play.

I'm completely secure that you're wrong on the rest, and the evidence says I don't fold when I'm wrong... I say so, I don't ignore anything.

I'm secure that if they actually as you allege were releasing him all along, it would have come before 48 hours before they would be on the hook for the $15m ($7m net). They preferred to keep him. A better situation came along. They only cut him after that other option emerged.

I'm secure that the medical staff will come to know more than you know, even with all your FBI and MD credentials.

And of course more than I know, little ol stupid me.

And that it makes sense to let them evaluate and not just run up a proposal based on sheer outsider "intelligence."

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
lol god i hope not. But it happens then it happens. ill add his jersey to the other 80 that i have.

I just dont think he will be available for 16 games.
As long as they don’t give him Earl Thomas money

InTheZone

Reaction score
Um.... this doctor's explanation from the September column cited by someone else earlier...

2019-03-13_1648.png
it basically said close to what I said in a more detailed manner and this very same condition kept him out for last year dating back to early August.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm completely secure that you're wrong on the rest, and the evidence says I don't fold when I'm wrong... I say so, I don't ignore anything.

Really? Because you sure didn't step up like a man and admit when you were wrong about him "playing the last 3 games"?

I'm secure that if they actually as you allege were releasing him all along, it would have come before 48 hours before they would be on the hook for the $15m ($7m net). They preferred to keep him. A better situation came along. They only cut him after that other option emerged.

I don;t "allege" anything, other than the proven fact that the Cheifs released Berry as soon as their cap allowed, despite having to pat $15 million to get out of the deal. Anything else is you trying to fabricate something.

I'm secure that the medical staff will come to know more than you know, even with all your FBI and MD credentials.

And of course more than I know, little ol stupid me.

And that it makes sense to let them evaluate and not just run up a proposal based on sheer outsider "intelligence."

The same medical staff that OK's Sean Lee to get hurt every year? The same guys who can't figure out Tyron Smith's back? You go ahead and blindly trust them. I'll go with the facts, and a guy with a medical condition that's missed 29 games over the past two seasons.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I honestly wonder if it was Berry that was a Longhorn and it was Earl who was a Volunteer, that the responses would be the same.

Neither are young, and neither have been particularly healthy the past 3 or so years. But they both have a better skill set than our current Safeties.

If you really wanted ET, then I don't see how you could logically be so against EB.

JMHO