Cowboys showing interest in Eric Berry

conner01

Reaction score
I honestly wonder if it was Berry that was a Longhorn and it was Earl who was a Volunteer, that the responses would be the same.

Neither are young, and neither have been particularly healthy the past 3 or so years. But they both have a better skill set than our current Safeties.

If you really wanted ET, then I don't see how you could logically be so against EB.

JMHO
Different types of injury
A broken leg heals and it’s fine
Berry’s injuries seem more lingering
Doesn’t cost anything to have him checked out medically and see if he can still play
But I would bet if he is healthy he would want to get paid too

lostar2009

Reaction score
This player is the type of high risk high rewards the FO loves. Either way it go they should draft a S.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
If he does not get any good offers, he will come to the Cowboys. He would be real good for the locker room and when healthy he is the best Safety in the NFL. Since 2010, he is the safety I want for obvious reasons.

Cuz plays Strong Safety but started out at Free Safety. He was due to make $7M this year and $8M in 2020 with the Cheifs. So if signed he will be much cheaper than Thomas. He has always been a better player than Thomas but has had the same injury issues.

The physical and playing with pain will be the determination if he signs with any team or retires.

wecasa

Reaction score
If he does not get any good offers, he will come to the Cowboys. He would be real good for the locker room and when healthy he is the best Safety in the NFL. Since 2010, he is the safety I want for obvious reasons.

Cuz plays Strong Safety but started out at Free Safety. He was due to make $7M this year and $8M in 2020 with the Cheifs. So if signed he will be much cheaper than Thomas. He has always been a better player than Thomas but has had the same injury issues.

The physical and playing with pain will be the determination if he signs with any team or retires.
Berry signed at 6 yr 78 million dollar 20 mil signing bonus and 40 mil guaranteed contract before the 16 season. Highest paid safety in the league at the time. His contract was why the chiefs let him go. He was set to make 12 mil this season.

Injury histories don't match with ET either. ACL tear, Achilles rupture, and leukemia are pretty significant.

He may be the nicest guy in the world, but he's not worth the risk beyond a minimum contract with incentives.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
lol god i hope not. But it happens then it happens. ill add his jersey to the other 80 that i have.

I just dont think he will be available for 16 games.
Unless they're investments of some sort... Uhh.
I respect you're sickness.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Unless they're investments of some sort... Uhh.
I respect you're sickness.

Lol ive bought around half. The others are presents from my girl and my family. I dont like getting presents on birthdays and christmas, so they go the safe route and just get me jerseys lol

_sturt_

Reaction score
2019-03-13_1852.png

Really.

2019-03-13_1854.png

But look... it's all good... we all miss things every now and then, @stasheroo .

If this is your first time, I promise, your life isn't over, and you're still a valuable member of society. Don't do anything rash.

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
in only 4 of Berrys 9 season he has played more then 5 games. That a really big red flag. I wouldnt mind seeing this guy 2yrs 6mil 2milSB to prove he can stay healthy. If he can get back to where he was at...restructure next yr. Give the team options rather then just a 1 yr deal and no leverage for the following yr if he bounces back.

_sturt_

Reaction score
2019-03-13_1903.png

Please explain to us "fabricators"... "released Berry as soon as their cap allowed."

Because as far as I'm aware, teams have been releasing players and making more cap room for themselves for about a month now...

2019-03-13_1904.png

... and maybe define "fabricate" since there seems to be some confusion as to who is doing that.

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
2019-03-13_1910.png

Yeah, I'll trust a total outsider who has no access to medical reports, and even if he did, has no medical training to understand what he'd be reading (at least as far as anyone would know here).

...hehe...

That's some special kind of know-it-all attitude you got going there, my friend. "Special" is kind.

The smart people aren't the ones who know they know what they know, but who know they don't know what they don't know... and respond accordingly.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Berry signed at 6 yr 78 million dollar 20 mil signing bonus and 40 mil guaranteed contract before the 16 season. Highest paid safety in the league at the time. His contract was why the chiefs let him go. He was set to make 12 mil this season.

Injury histories don't match with ET either. ACL tear, Achilles rupture, and leukemia are pretty significant.

He may be the nicest guy in the world, but he's not worth the risk beyond a minimum contract with incentives.
"By releasing Berry, the Chiefs don’t have to pay him an additional $7.25 million that would have become guaranteed by Friday."

That's where Stephen Jones will start negotiations.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Berry is done. Perfect player for Stephen to go after on the cheap so he can sell it to the fan base how they are trying to improve the team. They waste their time with knuckle heads like Irving because they are cheap. They waste their time with a TE who is 37 and coming out of retirement. This money adds up to where they could have paid an impact player like ET but instead think cheap players will have more of an affect on the team. Give me a horse over a bunch of ponies.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why would KC dump him if hes good to go after just paying him?
KC was on the hook for a total of 12.5m this year if he played

2.95m guaranteed last year..............KC still owes this
7.25m more guaranteed 3/15

So they made him a June 1st cut today.... they have a 7m Dead Cap hit this year and an 8m Dead Cap hit next year

Since KC already owes him 3m other teams might just offer the minimum plus incentives