Twitter: Cowboys showing interest in Landon Collins?

davidariust24

Reaction score
Elite safeties are the hardest players to find and Collins was elite two seasons ago. Earl Thomas is still elite but hes coming off of injury and he just turned 30. If you got one or both I would be mad at all because we instantly become like the Seahawks defense when they won the superbowl if we signed both Collins and Thomas. Collins would be our kam chancellor. He isnt as big but at his best is just as effective. Signing both is something to consider since it would allow jones to play even tighter knowing he has great help. I feel j smith and LVE can be as good or better than I Wright and wagner. Dlaw is better than Bennett in my opinion. Jones isnt Sherman but hes very good still and I'd take awuzie over any other corner they had outside of Sherman. I like brown and jordan over the legion of booms 3rd and 4th corners as well. Just imagine our defense when we played the saints with an Earl Thomas and Landon Collins. See these guys dont just cover well they get turnovers and have scored. It would shuffle alot of scenarios on who and who not to sign. Its It's something to consider, but the time is now to make some kind of move in free agency

Mr_437

Reaction score
I just want them to sign DLaw, heck, I can't even imagine them signing ET, atm, and adding Landon too, now that just is silly talk.

Verdict

Reaction score
Funny-dog-face-picture-480x300_auxquk.jpeg

Lol. You must be higher on Woods than I am.

Verdict

Reaction score
Elite safeties are the hardest players to find and Collins was elite two seasons ago. Earl Thomas is still elite but hes coming off of injury and he just turned 30. If you got one or both I would be mad at all because we instantly become like the Seahawks defense when they won the superbowl if we signed both Collins and Thomas. Collins would be our kam chancellor. He isnt as big but at his best is just as effective. Signing both is something to consider since it would allow jones to play even tighter knowing he has great help. I feel j smith and LVE can be as good or better than I Wright and wagner. Dlaw is better than Bennett in my opinion. Jones isnt Sherman but hes very good still and I'd take awuzie over any other corner they had outside of Sherman. I like brown and jordan over the legion of booms 3rd and 4th corners as well. Just imagine our defense when we played the saints with an Earl Thomas and Landon Collins. See these guys dont just cover well they get turnovers and have scored. It would shuffle alot of scenarios on who and who not to sign. Its It's something to consider, but the time is now to make some kind of move in free agency

That would be a horrible allocation of cap resources. The team would be better off spending it on the trenches.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He would make a lot of sense. He is playmaking SS. Heath sucks at SS and better at FS. Rotate him and Woods. Play Collins all the time.

I think I would rather pay him than ET.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He would make a lot of sense. He is playmaking SS. Heath sucks at SS and better at FS. Rotate him and Woods. Play Collins all the time.

Heath sucks PERIOD...……….we need to trade him to an AAF team for a bag of Doritos.

Verdict

Reaction score

I also think that Heath is better equipped to play free safety than SS.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

Heath is better at SS than FS. He’s worse than Roy Williams 31 in coverage. The final play of the Rams game was all you need to know about his instincts.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Getting interesting. Clarence Hill reported last week we weren’t interested in any of these guys.

I’d much rather pay a Thomas, Gipson, Boston etc than an in the box safety

Tis’ The season to link everyone to Dallas
How do you justify signing a Collins or Thomas..

and let Byron Jones go?

I do not see it.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Don’t dismiss the Cowboys’ interest in Collins. He’s a different style player than E.T. obviously but fills a need.

Collins has led the Giants in tackles every year he has played for them, he’s a locker room leader, and he’s the only player in the league who tallied at least 400 tackles and 30 passes defended since he was drafted.

No, he’s not a ball hawking turnover machine like ET. But he’s a serious hitter who strikes fear in wide outs who run those slant routes that have killed the Cowboys in the past.

Oh yeah, and he’s only 25.

Give me Landon Collins over Earl Thomas, please.

JayFord

Reaction score
Don’t dismiss the Cowboys’ interest in Collins. He’s a different style player than E.T. obviously but fills a need.

Collins has led the Giants in tackles every year he has played for them, he’s a locker room leader, and he’s the only player in the league who tallied at least 400 tackles and 30 passes defended since he was drafted.

No, he’s not a ball hawking turnover machine like ET. But he’s a serious hitter who strikes fear in wide outs who run those slant routes that have killed the Cowboys in the past.

Oh yeah, and he’s only 25.

Give me Landon Collins over Earl Thomas, please.

I would love if we played a single high safety with Collins playing up close covering the run and the short routes