Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Adolphus Washington

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was being a smart aleck about the Eagles reply, many posters here, after they say a comment such as yours, follow it up with "you must be an Eagles fan"

Further more, you didn't limit your reply to his comments in this thread, you made a blanket statement.

Go Cowboys

Nope, I'm not one that is prone to nonsensical conclusions like that. I'm more one that is inclined to point out those kinds of nonsensical conclusions.

I suppose it's fair to say I didn't specifically limit my remark to his comments in this thread, but my intent was only in regard to the specific exchange we have had on this topic.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Nope, I'm not one that is prone to nonsensical conclusions like that. I'm more one that is inclined to point out those kinds of nonsensical conclusions.
You made a very cut and dry, and clear remark. One that was nonsensical. Stash is one of our very best at providing content for our site.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You made a very cut and dry, and clear remark. One that was nonsensical. Stash is one of our very best at providing content for our site.

Not in this instance he's not. He's treating a practice squad signing as if that somehow relates to the opportunity to make a trade for Earl Thomas or Josh Gordon. There is nothing about those guys that belongs in the same context.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You mean everyone who can’t immediately recall every JAG taken in whatever year’s draft by a bottom-feeding team like the Bills??!?

Well, ex-SCUUUSE us!

:facepalm:

Washington was a 3rd round selection 80th overall in the 2016 NFL draft.

The team that drafted him is immaterial after the fact.

Your coaching staff coached Washington in 2016 at the Senior bowl as our team was looking at defensive line help.

Any player in the top 100 in whatever draft should be evaluated especially when you are addressing certain positions.

You have been excused and exposed!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
FYI.

In Adolphus Washington and Cedric Thornton graded as the worst DTs in the NFL in 2017.

Washington plays both the 3- and 1-technique. He’s most effective at the 3, where he can operate in more space and trail runs from the backside with solid pursuit ability. However, the 23-year-old lacks the functional strength, pad level and hand usage to be anything more than a backup. He struggles to generate push as a pass-rusher, his feet stop on contact and he gives up his chest too often. His head gets too far in front of his feet in his pass rush, making him susceptible to offensive linemen swiping down on his hands, which causes him to lose balance. Washington tends to move his body toward the ball rather than shed with his hands, which allows most offensive linemen to easily control him. He’s marginal against double-teams, as he’s unable to keep his feet on the ground once the secondary block hits.

This is definitely the guy this team had been waiting for!!! Wait for the magic.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waived by the Bills last week. Has 21 starts. He should be ready to contribute right away.

Maliek Collins strained his knee. I don't know the status of Datone Jones. Irving has 2 more weeks on suspension if he is even returning at all.

Drafted 2016
R3 Pick 17

Draft
6'3-3/8"

NFL with Bills
Starts 21
Games Played 31

Senior Bowl Blurb by
Mike Mayock
» We knew going in the deepest positional group was defensive tackle, and boy did that hold true. I thought Matt Ioannidis from Temple had a great day. I thought the kid from Louisiana Tech, Vernon Butler, had a phenomenal day. But the topper was Adolphus Washington from Ohio State. He was all over the field in one-on-one drills; he was too quick, too stout. He was great in team drills. I thought he put on a show.

Word is that Datone Jones has recovered quickly from injury. He might even be good to go this week.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not in this instance he's not. He's treating a practice squad signing as if that somehow relates to the opportunity to make a trade for Earl Thomas or Josh Gordon. There is nothing about those guys that belongs in the same context.
Then say that. Have at it, Omer. But to say Stash "as per his posting, provides no content" [paraphrase] without a qualifier, I thought I would have a say, him being one of my favorite posters here for his content.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then say that. Have at it, Omer. But to say Stash "as per his posting, provides no content" [paraphrase] without a qualifier, I thought I would have a say, him being one of my favorite posters here.

I have said that - repeatedly. You are commenting without knowing the discussion.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have said that - repeatedly. You are commenting without knowing the discussion.
Nah, I'm commenting on a post you made. I read the whole thread. You made a generality and offered a low blow. One that was wrong and that I will quote for you if you need me to?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, I'm commenting on a post you made. I read the whole thread. You made a generality and offered a low blow. One that was wrong and that I will quote for you if you need me to?

How can you claim to have read the whole thread yet you missed me saying Adolphus Washington's signing to the practice squad has no relationship to Earl Thomas or Josh Gordon. If that's your claim, then you are either not being truthful about having read the whole thread, or you didn't retain any of what you read. I said that more than once. And I can quote it if you need me to ....

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
well, at least you are sticking with your pattern of putting no content into your posts.
Where, anywhere, in this post is it qualified to this thread?

"Pattern of putting no content into your posts" insinuates an ongoing theme of his posts, outside of this thread and pertinent (in your eyes) to his posting style.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
How can you claim to have read the whole thread yet you missed me saying Adolphus Washington's signing to the practice squad has no relationship to Earl Thomas or Josh Gordon. If that's your claim, then you are either not being truthful about having read the whole thread, or you didn't retain any of what you read. I said that more than once.
That isn't my claim.

I'm commenting on your diss and misrepresentation of Stasheroo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where, anywhere, in this post is it qualified to this thread?

"Pattern of putting no content in your posts" insinuates an ongoing theme of his posts, outside of this thread and pertinent (in your eyes) to his posting style.

Holy smoke, talk about nonsensical. It was said in the context of a discussion, and I have already posted that it was my intent to that my comment be taken within the context of this discussion.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope, that's you treating it that way. I just said I don't care about this signing. I would care about getting one of those guys. ie "wake me up when we get someone good." Regardless, the fact that you are butthurt enough from reading a flip, off the cuff remark like that, to drag out an argument out over 8 pages is hilarious to me. On that note, I'm done discussing whoever this guy is.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Holy smoke, talk about nonsensical. It was said in the context of a discussion, and I have already posted that it was my intent to that my comment be taken within the context of this discussion.
If it was in context to this thread's discussion, my apologies. But still, it was unclear, Omer.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, that's you treating it that way. I just said I don't care about this signing. I would care about getting one of those guys. ie "wake me up when we get someone good." Regardless, the fact that you are butthurt enough from reading a flip, off the cuff remark like that, to drag out an argument out over 8 pages is hilarious to me. On that note, I'm done discussing whoever this guy is.

You specifically said if you had to choose putting Reid on the active roster or making this move you would choose Reid. I pointed out that wasn't a choice, and that Washington has nothing to do with Reid. Tell me what's inaccurate about that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it was in context to this thread's discussion, my apologies. But still, it was unclear, Omer.

And I responded to you several posts ago agreeing that I didn't specifically say it was limited to this discussion, and went on to clarify that was my intent. Either accept that or not, but if you don't care that I clarified my meaning then what's the point of continuing on and on about it?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You specifically said if you had to choose putting Reid on the active roster or making this move you would choose Reid. I pointed out that wasn't a choice, and that Washington has nothing to do with Reid. Tell me what's inaccurate about that.
Dude, I never even mentioned Reid. I have no idea what you are talking about.