Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Adolphus Washington

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, I never even mentioned Reid. I have no idea what you are talking about.

We were talking about Stasheroo, so when you jumped in under the assumption we were talking about you I didn't notice it was another poster. You aren't the guy Trouty and I are talking about.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Word is that Datone Jones has recovered quickly from injury. He might even be good to go this week.

Thanks. I was impressed with Jones last season. He came in mid-season and immediately played well. He has both 1tech and 3tech ability. It's interesting that he has 1tech ability considering that the Packers used him as a 3-4 OLB for a period of time; although, he mostly played 3-4 DE there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. I was impressed with Jones last season. He came in mid-season and immediately played well. He has both 1tech and 3tech ability. It's interesting that he has 1tech ability considering that the Packers used him as a 3-4 OLB for a period of time; although, he mostly played 3-4 DE there.

Same here. I'm glad they kept him. I was a bit worried given the timing of his injury, but they must have liked what they saw as well. I saw that he returned as a Limited participant in last Thursday's practice so he's trending up, but I haven't been able to find any practice reports since.

lukin2006

Reaction score
And he's not on our roster - he's on our practice squad. In any case, the guy started 21 games for the Bills in his 2 years in the league, and we are kicking the tires with a practice squad slot. It's really not the big deal many seem to be making it.

Don't you ever get tired of seeing other teams make meaningful moves, and we bring in Buffalo players or bring back a WR receiver that is not very good...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't you ever get tired of seeing other teams make meaningful moves, and we bring in Buffalo players or bring back a WR receiver that is not very good...

You are talking about something different now. Yes, I think the Cowboys have gotten too conservative with signing free agents. I understand what prompted it - we were in a salary cap bind for many years, and they don't want to go that route again. But I think they have gone too far the other way. Bottom line is that my point has nothing to do with whether the Cowboys should have done more in free agency, it's simply that this move with Washington has nothing to do with that. Failing to sign a high impact free agent doesn't somehow mean that all other business should stop.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 pages on a fan forum about a guy who likely won't be here in a few weeks. This is more press than this dude has ever had in his life.

Yep, just a practice squad signing. Not the big deal some make it to be.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
He was solid at Ohio State, but not great. I think he could work out well in this D system.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So, you think there is a relationship between signing Washington to the practice squad and guys like Reid, Cooper etc ...?
I think this is another ho-hum depth signing (at a position we are still trying to shore up, nonetheless -- he seems to have played everything from 5tech to nose tackle as a 3 tech under the 3-4 and true 3T under the 4-3). It's practice squad fodder, for me for now.

Hopefully MCollins is okay.

And he's (Washington) too light to play the 1T.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Are there not any fat guys out there, something like 330lbs. I know that's a NT for a 3-4, but geesh, can we have one of those?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
A guy like this under a Pro Conditioning regimen can turn into a beast in a year or two. Churn it up...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are there not any fat guys out there, something like 330lbs. I know that's a NT for a 3-4, but geesh, can we have one of those?

Johnathan Hankins signed a 1 year, $2,000,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $370,000 signing bonus, $370,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,000,000. In 2018, Hankins will earn a base salary of $1,534,118 and a signing bonus of $370,000, while carrying a cap hit of $1,904,117 and a dead cap value of $370,000.

The Raiders stole the guy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Johnathan Hankins signed a 1 year, $2,000,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $370,000 signing bonus, $370,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,000,000. In 2018, Hankins will earn a base salary of $1,534,118 and a signing bonus of $370,000, while carrying a cap hit of $1,904,117 and a dead cap value of $370,000.

The Raiders stole the guy.
Yea that one stings a little.