Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign C/G Joe Looney

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys and center/guard Joe Looney have agreed on a one-year deal, according to multiple sources. Looney has started 20 games in his four seasons with the Cowboys, including all 16 in 2018 when he took over for Travis Frederick. Looney can play multiple spots on the offensive line, which is a plus, and showed two years ago he can be a full-time player.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys and center/guard Joe Looney have agreed on a one-year deal, according to multiple sources. Looney has started 20 games in his four seasons with the Cowboys, including all 16 in 2018 when he took over for Travis Frederick. Looney can play multiple spots on the offensive line, which is a plus, and showed two years ago he can be a full-time player.

i

I hope it's backloaded!
:laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kind of interesting since we've got Connor McGovern and Adam Redmond who can play center.

I wonder if this coupled with cutting Fleming means that we're strongly considering McGovern for that starting guard spot and making Williams the swing tackle.

That would give us backupwise Williams as game-day swing tackle, Looney as game-day center/guard and Redmond and Knight as the other backups. Obviously, Redmond and Knight's spots will be up for grabs for someone to beat them out.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i

good. he is a definite keeper.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like this move and hope this signals that Looney and McGovern will compete at left guard with Williams moving to tackle.

I didn't expect to be able to bring Looney back.

I do think Williams will compete for the spot, but ideally McGovern would win it and Williams would be the swing tackle. Although Williams has improved as a starter, the bar for winning that job hasn't been set too high.