Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB Saivion Smith

CCBoy

Reaction score
(possible projected trade)

Cowboys acquire 9th overall pick from Jaguars in exchange for the 17th overall pick and the 52nd overall pick

This scenario reminds me of what the Steelers did last year, trading the 20th pick, the 52nd pick and a 2020 third-round pick to the Broncos in exchange for the 10th overall pick, a pick they used to select inside linebacker Devin Bush. While the Steelers could have waited to see if Bush would have been available at 20 (unlikely), Pittsburgh decided to be proactive while grabbing the player they had been eying all along.

The Cowboys, who lost cornerback Byron Jones to the Dolphins at the start of free agency, may make a similar move, although I don't think it would cost them a future mid-round pick, as was the case with the Steelers. The Cowboys are in need of a major upgrade at the cornerback position, and they may decide to move up to grab Okudah if the Giants (who are expected to take Isaiah Simmons or an offensive tackle with the fourth pick) and Panthers pass on him. Okudah will likely not make it to the 17th pick, which is why the Cowboys may trade up in order to secure the draft's top-rated cornerback. The Cowboys' other needs (specifically at safety and on the defensive line) may prevent them from making a move like this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...what-it-could-cost-to-acquire-tua-tagovailoa/

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DwvWm4BU0AIAt9L

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we draft a CB, I dont see him, Westry, or Goodwin making the roster. Either him or Westry would have to play well enough to force them to go long at CB.

Canady might be a lock for the down roster considering he plays ST's and has played positive snaps on defense

KDM256

Reaction score
Surprise signing here. I remember him with Alabama and was okay at best once inserted in the starting lineup in college. A lot of Bama fans was pissed at his performance in the championship game with Clemson two years ago and was considered a head scratcher when he declared for the draft afterwards especially getting torched by Higgins/Ross all night.

Of course he went undrafted and eventually ended up in the XFL. Should have stayed in college and improved his gameplay. Kid has the talent to play this game but I don't see this signing anything other than being depth/special teams/ camp body until Savion's light click on