Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB Saivion Smith

Flamma

Reaction score
Surprise signing here. I remember him with Alabama and was okay at best once inserted in the starting lineup in college. A lot of Bama fans was pissed at his performance in the championship game with Clemson two years ago and was considered a head scratcher when he declared for the draft afterwards especially getting torched by Higgins/Ross all night.

Of course he went undrafted and eventually ended up in the XFL. Should have stayed in college and improved his gameplay. Kid has the talent to play this game but I don't see this signing anything other than being depth/special teams/ camp body until Savion's light click on

This guy sounds like the total package. I'm glad he's on board.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Looking at the "tape (lol)" on this guy, he is big for a corner.

Then you read that he gets torched deep often.

He seems to be willing to make plays on the ball and he is a sure and willing tackler for a CB.

Strong safety anyone?

Maybe can get on the field in a dime package.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Can Harris and Linguist coach him up?
Sometimes it takes the right coach to inspire a guy.

I don't know what Al Harris is as a DB coach, but just maybe he gets through and Smith turns into something.

See my previous post...wonder if the team isnt thinking of him at SS. He sure looks the part, and also plays that way. One on one with an NFL WR isnt going to work out well for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
If Crawford can beat out Jordan Carrell. Which he cant

ORIkbpl.gif
Ahhhh. The Joey Ivey cheerleading routine.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dude has never played in an NFL game.:facepalm:

He played at Bama, got roasted by Clemson's WRs in the title game, decided to declare for the draft for some odd reason, nobody picked him because he sucks. He got signed by the Jags but didnt make the cut and eventually he ended up in the now defunct XFL.

I think Big Mike is just trolling the fans with this one:laugh:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Looking at the "tape (lol)" on this guy, he is big for a corner.

Then you read that he gets torched deep often.

He seems to be willing to make plays on the ball and he is a sure and willing tackler for a CB.

Strong safety anyone?

Maybe can get on the field in a dime package.
His game is in the box, so at least he knows where his game is.
He will loose the battle on backend peddle recovery speed, its not here,, but what Im saying is that he at least knows where his skill set is, and that is bringing wood at the POI... point of impact .
You create 3-4 turnovers during the course of a season and you can find a roster spot on this team