Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Damontre Moore

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Considering the availability of any DL available, a dart thrown for an edge rusher, that's backed in to a corner, on his last chance make or break deal, was about as wise and prudent a choice this brain trust could make considering.

The Giants have had a deal laying on the table for Hankins for about 3 weeks now, there are no cheap upside options.

waldoputty

Reaction score
aka throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Excellent.

that is a good characterization of their strategy.
if the DE FA did not look good, at least fix the RT correctly and get a decent CB instead of the one eagles fans are laughing over.
so they pretend they dont have a problem at RT and CB and claim to be going BPA.
what they need to do is draft every decent DE they can get their hands on and hope 1 works out as a rookie.
all they are doing is looking for bargains in the garbage heap

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What dynomite pass rusher were they going to sign this offseason?

There's a giant gap between "dynamite pass rusher" and signing a guy who has been cut multiple times that you also had in for a workout last season and decided to pass on him.

I like Damontre Moore, and hope he works out. I'm just not a fan of this new off-season strategy of not actually getting better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a giant gap between "dynamite pass rusher" and signing a guy who has been cut multiple times that you also had in for a workout last season and decided to pass on him.

I like Damontre Moore, and hope he works out. I'm just not a fan of this new off-season strategy of not actually getting better.

I think the Cowboys got pretty good value overall in their collection of FA pickups.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cowboys Hope Damontre Moore Can Develop Into “Irving-Type” Contributor

“And then a guy like Damontre, sometimes it takes players some time before they mature,” Jones said. “I think he’d be the first to tell you that he’s grown up a lot since he came in the league and that’s natural for young players. I mean, they come in here really young people and they mature over time. He’s certainly got skills.”

waldoputty

Reaction score
Cowboys Hope Damontre Moore Can Develop Into “Irving-Type” Contributor

“And then a guy like Damontre, sometimes it takes players some time before they mature,” Jones said. “I think he’d be the first to tell you that he’s grown up a lot since he came in the league and that’s natural for young players. I mean, they come in here really young people and they mature over time. He’s certainly got skills.”

i wonder if they meant after the 2 times he was kicked off teams in the summer or after the dui in december (4 months ago)...
i believe irving was nothing like this

speedkilz88

Reaction score
i wonder if they meant after the 2 times he was kicked off teams in the summer or after the dui in december (4 months ago)...
i believe irving was nothing like this
Irvings gf (now wife I believe) accused him of domestic violence in college then left for home. I think he got suspended from that school and transferred elsewhere. Had a lot to do with him not being drafted.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Irvings gf (now wife I believe) accused him of domestic violence in college then left for home. I think he got suspended from that school and transferred elsewhere. Had a lot to do with him not being drafted.

right but irving was already on someone's practice squad by the time we picked him up?
kansas city?