Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Damontre Moore

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
How the hell does this dude deserve 12 pages of replies? The cooper signing gets me more excited than this one.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Here are comparisons of Tapper, DLaw and Moore
Tapper is faster than Moore and DLaw
DLaw is slightly faster than Moore
Tapper did not test on agility but known to have less bend
Moore is better than DLaw in agility overall (cone and shuttle)

-------------------Tapper----------Moore-----------DLaw
40 yard----------4.59--------------4.84-------------4.8
20 yard----------2.68--------------2.87-------------2.8
10 yard----------1.59--------------1.72-------------1.68
cone----------------------------------4.33-------------4.31
shuttle--------------------------------7.08-------------7.46

Cowboys ignored Dlaw 3cone completely,i dont know any probowl pass rusher who has such poor 3cone time.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
"I look at it as my last chance," Moore said. "Nothing's promised in the game we play. You can be there today and see you later tomorrow. You've got to take every snap, every rep, every practice like this is your last opportunity to prove yourself."

Moore shares an agent with Von Miller, who has become a mentor of sorts since their time together at Texas A&M. They have worked out the last few years with Matrisciano. Miller's renaissance as the NFL's best pass-rusher after a suspension and knee injury in 2013 has given Moore a map to success.

"His career says it all," Moore said. "That's my brother. For him, he's constantly encouraging and telling me the stuff I want to hear and telling me stuff I don't want to hear. It hasn't been like I wanted to, but he knows at the end of the day you can still bounce back. His career shows it. Everybody loves a comeback story."

LINK: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...k-story?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's my new defensive pet cat. I'll be rooting for him like crazy.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Add another to the list of Cowboys deals: defensive end Damontre Moore, a former third-round pick, has agreed to a deal, according to a source. The Cowboys worked him out last year in training camp but did not sign him. He signed late with the Seattle Seahawks last year and had a half sack. He has 10 sacks for his career.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0632013288271516129-4

May not be "War Daddy" but can be "War Casualty."

slick325

Reaction score
Taking a flyer on him doesn't hurt...he had comparisons to Aldon Smith and Justin Houston coming out in 2013. The major knock on him, immaturity, has proven true. If he does in fact view this as a last chance and due to his setbacks has started to mature...this could be a good gamble on a guy younger than Mincey and Selvie with higher upside. If he fails, limited resources used so no big deal.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wanted to sign him the last couple times he was waived

We need to bring these types in a lot more frequently...... if they hit it is like a free UFA or draft pick

guys like TPryor, LBlount, BMingo, JCooper, CLong(notice the Pats are always looking)

I would look into signing Michael Floyd........I know he is looking at a 4 game suspension but he is very talented and a jail sentence may have straightened him out...... the talent is there....getting him to OTAs and TC could be big and better than waiting until after his suspension

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cowboys ignored Dlaw 3cone completely,i dont know any probowl pass rusher who has such poor 3cone time.

Let's not ignore the context.

The only other pass rusher we could have drafted at that point was Kony Ealy.

Ealy has been more available, but he wasn't a starter for the Panthers. He was just traded to New England though, so I'm sure he'll get 13 sacks next year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
So will we cheer next year when Moore cheap shots Romo when he's is playing for another team :)

gmoney112

Reaction score
Judging from his video highlights, he's a monster of a pass rusher.

Moore was a beast when he was coming out. I was disappointed the Giants got him.

He's turning 25 this season and has/had a ton of potential. The problem was/is he's been an idiot and immature.

If, and it's a big if, he can get serious then he'll be our most underrated signing of the offseason.

Reaction score
I wanted to sign him the last couple times he was waived

We need to bring these types in a lot more frequently...... if they hit it is like a free UFA or draft pick

guys like TPryor, LBlount, BMingo, JCooper, CLong(notice the Pats are always looking)

I would look into signing Michael Floyd........I know he is looking at a 4 game suspension but he is very talented and a jail sentence may have straightened him out...... the talent is there....getting him to OTAs and TC could be big and better than waiting until after his suspension

The best part is if you sign a guy like this for 1 year, he plays well, and then signs elsewhere the next year. Comp pick for a small investment