Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Dante Fowler

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was actually asking a question if he was a bust or not. I wasn't comparing him to Gregory. I wasn't mad that we lost Gregory either. I do remember him being the third over all pick and I do know that this will be his fourth team. His fifth year option was denied. I don't remember him ever being a factor in a game where he was playing that I watched. I'm more or less making a statement of the TYPE of FA that our FO go after. I hope he's worth the $4.67 Million that he'll get this year.
hes not we didt pick him so NOOOOOOOOO! new situation this is FA with new team and all we know is his career had been far better then Randys, case closed. the BUST cliche" is for the team who selected him once he leaves and now just player and that all you judge him buy and not his draft staus, well no bust flat no..need it cleaer/..hes not our bust been solid contributing player that done more then randy therefor hes at least and equal to better replacement for Randye. Get over it..it done your crush on Gregory's is over go Be a bronco fan..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Incorrect.

He missed his entire rookie season due to injury. That's 16 missed games right there.
For some reason nfl.com stats page for him doesn't show that he missed the 2015 season. Starts with the 2016 season. He still didn't miss many games since that injury.

quickccc

Reaction score
For some reason nfl.com stats page for him doesn't show that he missed the 2015 season. Starts with the 2016 season. He still didn't miss many games since that injury.

" On May 8, 2015, Fowler tore his ACL on the first day of mini-camp and missed the entirety of his rookie season.. "

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm interested to find out what Fowler's one year rental contract terms is ... i figured if rumors of Cowboys interest in JPP are true then he would get
the same terms as Fowler got.

LittleD

Reaction score
Like it or not - MC is correct. I despise Stephen Jones more than the Ukrainians despise Putin.

Guess What! Stephen doesn't care and invites you to become a philthy bird fan and move to their board...Hurry now!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s a fine depth player, but he doesn’t replace what they’ve lost. Neither does James Washington. The Joneses have no idea how to maintain a team from year to year. That’s why they’ve made playoffs in consecutive season precisely once in the past 22 years and zero times in the past 15.
Is it possible that they lost some of the bad culture when they lost those players?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Why does this single year stat keep popping up? Has there been consistent play beyond that single breakout year?

Gregory aside, there were much better DE's to pick up, but the DFT, always comes to the lot to kick tires. How about driving the car?
He’s inconsistent and mediocre but not a bust

Plankton

Reaction score
Is it possible that they lost some of the bad culture when they lost those players?

Not likely. The people who have created and perpetuate the garbage culture own the team and aren’t going anywhere.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice pick-up.....better than Gregory

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. I like the signing. He's a guy with upside who has never played up to his talent level. Maybe Quinn can get him there.

Ken

Reaction score
Cowboys definitely playing some games not reporting any of the recent signings salary numbers. Probably don't want it affecting some other negotiations they have going on...

vig454

Reaction score
We didn't let Quinn walk
I guess I'm in the minority here in thinking that Fowler for one year is a MUCH better proposition than Gregory with a big contract.

Getting at least the same production and a much better shot at getting 17 games out of him.

They are actually quite similar players.

One has serious baggage.

He was paid 5 years, $70 million lol

His cap hits over the next three are 17,18,17.
My point , we let him go. :huh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
WR and DE signed. Im guessing a cheap OG will be the next FA signed.

I think they're working DE so hard because they plan on drafting a G in the 1st.

A cheapo G makes sense even assuming a G in the 1st. We need bodies, and don't have them.