Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Dante Fowler

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I think with teams focusing on Lawrence and Parsons that Fowler could end up being a great signing and have a Robert Quinn type of year. He may have never lived up to the overall #3 pick but he’s got lots of athleticism and plenty of speed to turn the corner.

conner01

Reaction score
I think he’s pretty much done
But he’s decent depth and he is a savvy vet
Armstrong will probably have a bigger impact though

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think he’s pretty much done
But he’s decent depth and he is a savvy vet
Armstrong will probably have a bigger impact though

He maybe done, however, it's difficult to make that assessment based on his time at Atlanta, playing on a defense with no other outside pressure and where an offense would scheme to keep him quiet. As @ThatJerryKid says it's a different proposition playing alongside DLaw and Micah.

I agree on Armstrong and i'm one of the small minority that doesnt mind an Armstrong/Fowler platoon.....then again i'm a realist that accepts you cant have HoF talent throughout the roster.

morasp

Reaction score
If Tarell Basham is any kind of metric Fowler will probably be about the same production as he had last season 4,5 sacks, 6 TFL, 8 QB Hits. If he plays a full season maybe a little more.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If Tarell Basham is any kind of metric Fowler will probably be about the same production as he had last season 4,5 sacks, 6 TFL, 8 QB Hits. If he plays a full season maybe a little more.

Yes, it's interesting to see what production we got in 2021 out of DE by committee. Im sure with Micah and a supporting cast of : Armstrong, Basham, Fowler, Golston we can cover RDE. Micah's presence and DLaw's constant pressure on the left are great enablers.

morasp

Reaction score
Yes, it's interesting to see what production we got in 2021 out of DE by committee. Im sure with Micah and a supporting cast of : Armstrong, Basham, Fowler, Golston we can cover RDE. Micah's presence and DLaw's constant pressure on the left are great enablers.
The variable next season is Lawrence who missed a lot of games last year and should add some pressure if healthy. Just looking at stats, Basham's numbers actually went down a little compared to his previous season with the Jets.

LittleD

Reaction score
Dante Fowler was in the past a pretty dynamic pass rusher. He was never very good against the run. He will most likely platoon and rush in certain pass downs. If he has any gas in the tank, he could be a pretty
cost effective signing and Quinn knows him very well since college.

DallasMike

Reaction score
I was at his first day of training camp after he was drafted by the Jags. He trotted out and we looked away for a few. Next thing we knew, he was on the ground after tearing his ACL. As a Gator fan I was looking forward to him playing locally. Hope he has a great season for the Cowboys.

conner01

Reaction score
Th
He maybe done, however, it's difficult to make that assessment based on his time at Atlanta, playing on a defense with no other outside pressure and where an offense would scheme to keep him quiet. As @ThatJerryKid says it's a different proposition playing alongside DLaw and Micah.

I agree on Armstrong and i'm one of the small minority that doesnt mind an Armstrong/Fowler platoon.....then again i'm a realist that accepts you cant have HoF talent throughout the roster.
That is true
Scheme is very important and with Dlaw across from him and Micah roaming around he’s gonna get more one on one. Armstrong is a decent rotational player
Everyone not gonna be a super star and even your stars have to come off the field some

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rummaging through the dumpster behind Neiman Marcus with several billion in the bank account. The Cowboy way.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So as the FA talent starts to run out and the trades die down, I guess this will end up as our only big free agent splash.

giphy.gif