Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Darian Thompson

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
giphy.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
Taking over for Heath.
LOL...……..this is effectively what they did with Heath. Paid a backup guy scrub money for depth purposes. Then he wound up starting for 3 or 4 years. Lets hope they address the position.
We are down to only a few so they will have to do something. Our DC is letting these players walk. He must have a plan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Taking over for Heath.

We are down to only a few so they will have to do something. Our DC is letting these players walk. He must have a plan.

So far EVERY guy that is gone I wanted gone so I have no issues:

Cobb, Jones, Heath, Witten, Collins. All those guys were at the top of my list.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Wouldn’t have minded keeping Cobb. And thought MM might. He got a big offer. So did Jones. Not sure what Collins or Heath got.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Problem is, do we have confidence Jerry, et al have the ability to replace them with at least comparable players, let alone better ones? Are there significantly better players available?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Maybe John Fassel likes Thompson on special teams. Plus, he's got starting experience and could be a short-term bridge to a rookie.

Right now our safeties are Thompson, Xavier Woods, and Donovan Wilson.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Maybe John Fassel likes Thompson on special teams. Plus, he's got starting experience and could be a short-term bridge to a rookie.

Right now our safeties are Thompson, Xavier Woods, and Donovan Wilson.

I'm still thinking safety at no. 17...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Problem is, do we have confidence Jerry, et al have the ability to replace them with at least comparable players, let alone better ones? Are there significantly better players available?

Can get any worse than Heath and Collins.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm still thinking safety at no. 17...

Or a defensive lineman. If the season started today it's DeMarcus Lawrence, Trysten Hill, Tyrone Crawford, and maybe Dorance Armstrong as the starting four. Maybe Randy Gregory comes back, but still looking shaky there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And we do not offset any players lost, to lose any comp picks...win win signing....:muttley:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Or a defensive lineman. If the season started today it's DeMarcus Lawrence, Trysten Hill, Tyrone Crawford, and maybe Dorance Armstrong as the starting four. Maybe Randy Gregory comes back, but still looking shaky there.

Doesn't the new CBA remove penalties for pot use?

I could see Gregory coming back, though I'm not sure after being out so long he'd be that good, but no way to tell...