Cowboys sign Darren McFadden - 2yr deal worth up to $5.85m (200k bonus)

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nice call................look at the responses in that thread............99% negative...........yet he is getting pimped by some today.............too funny.

I see very few people "pimping" DMac. Most are seeing this signing as a value deal. He's not great. He's not Murray. I haven't read any posts stating this.

of course, I may not understand what it means to "pimp" a player.

I appreciate this signing for what it is. Low risk/depth producing look at a talented player.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The freakout in this thread is ridiculous.

This is NOT our starting RB for 2015. You people need to ******* calm down! Our starting RB is coming from the draft, McFadden is purely a backup.

Drafted RB - McFadden - Randle = Great depth at RB.

This sky is falling crap is really tiring to read on the daily.

btcutter

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but RBs don't get better with age. None of that translated into success with OAK, no reason to think it will here 7 years later.

You are probably right. But this is a look and see contract.
You want reason why McFadden may succeed? Look at that incentive laden contract. $Millions of incentives for him to TRY. If he just doesn't have it then just cut him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What makes you think he is replacing Murray?... it must be the 200,000!

Maybe you have not been keeping up with current events bro, but let me breakdown our current backfield for you............

Ryan Williams......was on practice squad all year
Lance Dunbar......gets maybe 1-2 touches per game
Joseph Randle......keeps stealing underwear from Dillards
Darren McFadden........has been hurt every year in the league, has broken 1000 yards just once in 7 years.

That's it bro, nothing else.............maybe we draft a rookie RB and maybe we don't, that is all hypothetical............this is what we actually have today. So who on this list is replacing Murray?

Or is the plan to let this JV level backfield run as a committee with carries split among the 4 runners?

ghst187

Reaction score
if we get a McFadden that's healthy and still at the top of his game, he could run for 2k in our offense behind our OL.
But that's what we said about Murray too, 'healthy'. Apparently only happens in "contract" years.
Last year at OU and last year before free agency. Ironic.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
if we get a McFadden that's healthy and still at the top of his game, he could run for 2k in our offense behind our OL.
But that's what we said about Murray too, 'healthy'. Apparently only happens in "contract" years.
Last year at OU and last year before free agency. Ironic.

He started 37 of the last 39 games. The injury myth is overplayed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I see very few people "pimping" DMac. Most are seeing this signing as a value deal. He's not great. He's not Murray. I haven't read any posts stating this.

That is part of the problem. How can it be a value deal if you do not have a strong opinion that he can play?

Value implies worth.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I can't believe any replacement plan for Murray includes McFadden.

01cd21a5e216fe1204cff3fed999c226ffb28d1703c453f1a0b29064b428fa1b.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but RBs don't get better with age. None of that translated into success with OAK, no reason to think it will here 7 years later.

The same applies to Adrian Peterson. While Peterson has had a much greater career than McFadden he is older and has more wear and tear.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Who were oaklands offensive threats again?... I think he is going to be plenty good playing behind this line with dez on the outside. Whatever it is, I think you will get his best effort. The Raiders have been pretty horrific for a while now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Maybe you have not been keeping up with current events bro, but let me breakdown our current backfield for you............

Ryan Williams......was on practice squad all year
Lance Dunbar......gets maybe 1-2 touches per game
Joseph Randle......keeps stealing underwear from Dillards
Darren McFadden........has been hurt every year in the league, has broken 1000 yards just once in 7 years.

That's it bro, nothing else.............maybe we draft a rookie RB and maybe we don't, that is all hypothetical............this is what we actually have today. So who on this list is replacing Murray?

Or is the plan to let this JV level backfield run as a committee with carries split among the 4 runners?

We are drafting a back. I can say that with complete certainty, whether we reach for one or not, we're drafting a back. There are 6 RBs in this draft that would be top RBs in any other draft, and we'll have a chance at at least one of them. Reports are already coming out that Coleman seems to be our guy, don't be surprised if we give up a third for this guy to move up in the second.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie....I'M Excited!!! Last year I was full of negativity and was never a JG fan. This year I like how they dealt with DM and I am enjoying what is going on. I feel like we are in a zone doing things small but right and that this will work out. Weird but I feel like we are making moves that fit a system and guys like DMCF are guys buying in. Sue me but somewhere between destitute bitterness and now I'm all in