Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign DE Kerry Hyder

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The “google” FA period has hit an all time high with this guy and the rams TE. Unbelievable to think this “used” to be the Cowboys franchise....you know the once great franchise when even salary cap he.. didn’t stop big names from coming here.

MyUserName

Reaction score
Cowboys Free Agency 2019...

original

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The “google” FA period has hit an all time high with this guy and the rams TE. Unbelievable to think this “used” to be the Cowboys franchise....you know the once great franchise when even salary cap he.. didn’t stop big names from coming here.

I must be in the minority because I recognized the name when I saw it. Didn't know about his injury problems because I pay little attention to the Lions, but for some reason I remembered this guy.

Maybe I knew he would be a Cowboy someday. Excuse me now, I have to go buy a lottery ticket.

817Gill

Reaction score
Achilles are usually a 2 year recovery. He had 8 sacks as a situational pass rusher in 2016. He isn’t some old washed up pass rusher, he’s a young guy with some proven success. We are betting on him returning to form, this is a good chance to take. If he returns to form then we got a pretty decent rotation at RDE and a guy who can directly replace Randy’s production last year

speedkilz88

Reaction score

The Cowboys have signed their second defensive linemen in free agency with Kerry Hyder signing a one-year deal on Monday. Hyder had a breakout eight-sack season in 2016 with the Detroit Lions but tore his Achilles and missed the 2017 season. He played in seven games in 2018 with one sack. The Cowboys added defensive tackle Christian Covington last week on a one-year deal. Hyder can play defensive end as well as the under tackle spot.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Achilles are usually a 2 year recovery. He had 8 sacks as a situational pass rusher in 2016. He isn’t some old washed up pass rusher, he’s a young guy with some proven success. We are betting on him returning to form, this is a good chance to take. If he returns to form then we got a pretty decent rotation at RDE and a guy who can directly replace Randy’s production last year

Excellent points. People having fun bashing the Jones family seem to think they're pulling names out of a hat. I really like this signing and the Covington pickup. Kudos to Will McClay.

Dallas is getting young players with upside that are scheme fits and here on low-risk deals. If they turn out to be more the Cowboys will have the cap space next year to keep them. If they don't work out they are gone in 2020 with little to no dead money.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
For his career, Hyder has 42 tackles and nine sacks in 24 games (two starts). He had a career-best eight sacks in 2016 before an Achilles injury sidelined him for all of 2017.

Not too shabby...
O.K.,,,as I can certainly appreciate the way this picture is painted, once it's placed in it's proper lighting,,,:thumbup: