Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DE Shaniel Jenkins

plasticman

Reaction score
Five solo tackles, a sack in both games, a forced fumble.....

If this guy was our first round draft pick everyone would be talking about how he has met expectations and should be a game #1 starter. There would be talk about defensive Rookie of the Year.

So, let's see what he does next week.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If he gets a sack in the next game too, id put him on the 53. I hope thats what the FO would do too.

Also i really need to see mayowa play. Read alot of fluff pieces on how he and russell where young guys who could handle the DE spot. Well ive been underwhelmed with Russell.

There's a saying " you cant make the club in the tub". Well sir, you definitely can in Dallas. Mayowa, Collins, Jalen, Tapper....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There's a reason most players don't get excited about playing DE in the 3-4. Most would prefer playing T in the 4-3.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
In the 2013-2014 preseason, Zach Minter came got two sacks in the Ravens game but then was released before the regular season. He didn't make the final cut. I hope this doesn't happen to Jenkins.

I'm optimistic about his play and hopes he makes the team. He's shown some ability. It would be ashamed if we loss out on a productive young player because we where protecting roster spots for our drafted players. Best players should play regardless of salary and draft status, but that's in a perfect football world.
Is Zach Minter still in the league?

Reaction score
Love how he looks like he's shot out of a cannon and finishes with such hostility. Has some John Randle to his game.

His body type and hustle reminds me a bit of Mincey,,, which can be a good thing.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

If this guy was our first round draft pick everyone would be talking about how he has met expectations and should be a game #1 starter. There would be talk about defensive Rookie of the Year.

I think he also had a tackle for a lost to add to his resume.

Reactions: BAT

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Good god. I love the slow mo. Thornton is definitely the most underrated off season signing on defense. Morris being the best offensive signing.

Wow he did cause a lot of havoc. Thornton, T Crawford, Jenkins ( I hope he makes it) are three good DTs. If McClain can stay healthy that makes 4. I have yet to see Collins so no comment, and my preseason, UDFA pet cat was Coe, but it turns out he's lazy.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Jenkins gets out of stance faster than even DEs, then really puts on after burners when Thornton absolutely collapses the inside. McAdoo gets to QB a tick after Jenkins strip sack. Russell completely ridden out wide past QB.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Very true but a 1st round pick would also have come with a pedigree and track record in college that would lend one to believe those numbers are not any kind of fluke and that continued production should be expected. For an UFA on his second team before camp gets started, you need to see a little more but he certainly looks like a kid they should keep around and has a chance to work into the game day rotation.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Everyone is talking about edge rushers, but what about internal pressure? A healthy T Crawford, McClain, Thornton, and Jenkins appear to have good quickness - especially when they stunt. QBs hate it when there is pressure right up the middle and defenders are in their face. Remember, 3T is the key to Marinelli's defense.

If they could flush the QB out of the pocket, our edge rushers may be able to make plays (which also helps our secondary).