Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign DL Brent Urban

plasticman

Reaction score
Watkins was a warm body. Urban, I think, is possible starting caliber. It just so happens that we have Gallimore who would be the starter at the spot we have for Urban. I think the two of them would rotate.
Brent Urban, started every game his fifth and last season with the Ravens, 2016. He had .5 sacks, 2 tackles for a loss, and 1 quarterback hit.....in 16 games as a starter. Gallimore, a rookie, had the same numbers in the Eagle game last season.

In his previous four seasons Urban had a total of 3 starts. He participated in less than half of those games his first four seasons.

I mean, all due respect, he's barely a warm body. I don't understand the excitement.

kumizi

Reaction score
I mean, all due respect, he's barely a warm body. I don't understand the excitement.
That's how low the bar is for DTs and Safety for Cowboys fans. People are also hyped about Hooker and Kazee.

Reactions: ICP

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Brent Urban, started every game his fifth and last season with the Ravens, 2016. He had .5 sacks, 2 tackles for a loss, and 1 quarterback hit.....in 16 games as a starter. Gallimore, a rookie, had the same numbers in the Eagle game last season.

In his previous four seasons Urban had a total of 3 starts. He participated in less than half of those games his first four seasons.

I saw what he did in Chicago when he played us. He and Atkins were constantly on the PA system when I while I was watching the game. Urban may not be good at pass rush, but he's excellent against the run. Run stopping was our biggest weakness. He gave Zeke fits when we played Chicago. That's why I'm excited.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Urban had his best season last year for tackles (34) and sacks (2.5). I believe he had as many sacks as our entire DT group, and that's not why he was brought here, which is his run defense. I don't think he's the answer at DT, and what he got paid reflects that, but he might be a good rotational piece. If we're looking at him as more than that, we're looking at him wrong.

ICP

Reaction score
That's how low the bar is for DTs and Safety for Cowboys fans. People are also hyped about Hooker and Kazee.
I agree, I mean Neal was very good when he first came into the league but is coming off off two significant injuries and will now be paired with Smith and LVE and we know all about their past injuries. Then you have Kazee, Wil he even be ready for the start of the season?