Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DL Christian Covington

stiletto

Reaction score
That is not why he didn't get a lot of time. He is not an end.

Ur right, my bad. Sounds like a good rotational player however. Hopefully cheap....wait i keep seeing highlights of him playing END...and he's labeled as DE. Hmm.

John813

Reaction score
Sure, we signed a guy for nothing who may have upside that may be another Terrell McClain but now we have two "C. Covingtons" so I'll have to write out their full names. Jerry sucks.

There can be only one!

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
From the controversial PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...sive-linemen-set-to-enter-free-agency-in-2019

9. CHRISTIAN COVINGTON

The former sixth rounder has only played 1,115 snaps over his four seasons, either due to strictly being a rotational piece or because of injuries.

Surrounded by the likes of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney, Covington had opportunities to take advantage of many one-on-ones, and he has demonstrated the ability to do in his relatively small sample size, earning a pass-rush productivity of 8.1 in 2018, 19th-best among defensive tackles in 2018. The 25-year-old could be a prime candidate for a breakout in 2019 with the right fit and opportunity.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

The Cowboys have agreed to a one-year deal with defensive tackle Christian Covington, a source confirmed an Adam Caplan report. Covington, who had a career-high 3.5 sacks in 2018 for the Houston Texans, can play both interior defensive line spots and he gives the Cowboys more pass rush inside. With David Irving not returning and Caraun Reid not expected back, Covington can be a big part of the rotation.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He’s Antwaun Woods part II.

Not bad. Keeps Maliek Collins at 3T when they rotate.

RE is the biggest hole that needs to be filled by more than just the 2nd round pick. Preferably someone who has posted 6 sacks in a season before at that spot.

Is George Selive around for another HOF game type performance?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys have agreed to a one-year deal with defensive tackle Christian Covington, a source confirmed an Adam Caplan report. Covington, who had a career-high 3.5 sacks in 2018 for the Houston Texans, can play both interior defensive line spots and he gives the Cowboys more pass rush inside. With David Irving not returning and Caraun Reid not expected back, Covington can be a big part of the rotation.

I would rather have Reid back.

HanD

Reaction score
Sure, we signed a guy for nothing who may have upside that may be another Terrell McClain but now we have two "C. Covingtons" so I'll have to write out their full names. Jerry sucks.
Chris vs christian at that.....

Kaiser

Reaction score
With David Irving not returning and Caraun Reid not expected back, Covington can be a big part of the rotation.

Marinelli and Will McClay found George Selvie and Terrell McClain sitting on their living room couches, I'm going to compare this kid to McClain until he tanks and everyone forgets I said it.