Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DT Gerald McCoy

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Meh...I would have preferred a younger ascending player like Andrew Billings who likely would’ve been cheaper.

It will be interesting to see the contract details. Hopefully this doesn’t lower the comp pick for Byron Jones from a 3rd to a 4th or cancel out the pick for Randall Cobb.
Him and Billings don’t play the same position. They can have both if they want.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's not better than Collins at this stage. He's maybe on par but with the arrow down. Collins is young enough to out play him this year.

The more I think about this move I get an urge to switch teams.

PFF rated McCoy higher last year. Across the board tackle/rush statistics a little higher too.

But Collins was probably held back by not having Woods next to him in 6 games.

Pretty comparable players, and you're right about the arrows on both. Still, we filled a big hole. I still expect DT high in the draft.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone at its finest. Praise the Ravens for getting Campbell who is two years older and Baltimore gave up a draft pick. The Cowboys sign McCoy and he sucks. McCoy is light years better then any defensive tackle we had in the last few years.

Dre11

Reaction score
Thanks to all who didn’t panic and act like the sky was falling after not even 48 hours of FA

I didn't panic but this is still an average signing and I like it, but it won't bring those guys off the ledge.

Dre11

Reaction score
So all that freaking out over nothing.

:lmao:

oh they'll still freak out. Although it's a decent signing, its still a budget signing. I don't panic, but even I'd like a big play making signing.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Him and Billings don’t play the same position. They can have both if they want.

I get that Billings is a 1 or 0 tech and McCoy plays the 3. It doesn’t change my opinion at all.

Run defense has been the front seven’s Achilles heel the past two years. Billings would do more to address that, he’s just entering his prime, and likely cheaper.

Reaction score
Our D-line is stacked.

"Stacked?" Come on, man. McCoy is 32, Woods is average and Gregory didn't even play last year and has been a question mark ever since he came in the league. Dallas has exactly one above average D lineman. We need help here desperately. Philly's DL is miles better. Love to see Kinlaw or Espenosa added.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone at its finest. Praise the Ravens for getting Campbell who is two years older and Baltimore gave up a draft pick. The Cowboys sign McCoy and he sucks. McCoy is light years better then any defensive tackle we had in the last few years.

Baltimore gave up a late round draft pick for a guy who was already under contract and won’t nullify a comp pick.

I hope McCoy is light years better than any DT we’ve had, because he very well could have turned the 3rd round comp pick that we would’ve got for Byron Jones into a 4th round pick.

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, there's one starter taken care of. Don't how good he is anymore, but at least he fills a need.