Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DT Gerald McCoy

Rayman70

Reaction score
realistically, This is a placeholder signing. Very good one, but is a stop gap until we develop a younger guy. Me likey though. Did not see this coming. Went to bed last night, I wake up and see this..wow. lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope he's a better 3 tech than this guy.

180px-Walter_brennan_real_mccoys_1958.JPG
Haters gonna hate.

tm1119

Reaction score
More or less a lateral move from Collins. McCoy is probably better vs the run, but Collins was actually the 4th highest rated interior pass rusher last year so we’ll probably lose some of that with McCoy.

Definitely laughing reading this thread though. It’s proven every time I read this board that most here don’t actually watch the NFL.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Still need work to do along the front.

Trade for Arden Key
Sign Andrew Billings

Secondary:

Anthony Brown
Desmond Trufant
Adrian Phillips

Hadenough

Reaction score

The Cowboys have agreed to terms with defensive lineman Gerald McCoy on a three-year deal, according to a source. Like all these deals, it’s pending a physical. McCoy started every game last season for Carolina after a nine-year run with Tampa Bay. He has 59.5 sacks in his career and has recorded at least five sacks in each of the last eight seasons.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Dallas could of used him 5 years ago! I hope he has something left in the tank to help this D.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Baltimore gave up a late round draft pick for a guy who was already under contract and won’t nullify a comp pick.

I hope McCoy is light years better than any DT we’ve had, because he very well could have turned the 3rd round comp pick that we would’ve got for Byron Jones into a 4th round pick.
Baltimore extended Campbell’s contract. It’s now a three year deal. Both players will probably be on the same contract. I like what the Ravens did but for some reason we get know credit for basically doing the same thing without trading a draft pick.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
McCoy is 32. Well past his prime. Keep expectations low for him.

That said they need bodies for that DL.

Section446

Reaction score
As long as we didn't break the bank for an old guy, this is a great signing, he might even be good for Hill's growth.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Come on in. It’s a mess. Bring your experience. This is a great signing for more leadership. He can still play.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dallas could of used him 5 years ago! I hope he has something left in the tank to help this D.
this was a stop gap signing. Good...smart move because while we develop another dt, this guy can hold down the fort inside. I like our odds of drafting either Kinlaw or Gallimore then lining one of those cats up next to him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Come on in. It’s a mess. Bring your experience. This is a great signing for more leadership. He can still play.
yup, buys us time. In the meantime he gives us experience and quality depth. Now what if we also bring back Michael Bennett? That would likely mean we dump Crawford next and then go ahead and draft another DT

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping that at 32 yo, hopefully, he's still the strong anchor vs. the run that he was in the past. Same goes for the pass rush.

In any event, he figures to be a step up from the likes of Maliek Collins, who was seldom able to maintain his health for a year.

It should also afford Dallas the advantage of buying time to allow a rookie DT candidate to develop into a first-rate tackle at DL.