Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign ex-Jets edge defender Tarell Basham

exciter

Reaction score
Oh it is.

Because at least guys like McCoy, Griffen, and Poe had at one point in their careers actually been really good. The guys we are signing haven't sniffed "good" ever.
Had anyone outside of Denver ever heard of Shaq Barrett before he signed for 1yr 4m with Tampa and blew up. Not saying he’s going to blow up like that but I’m interested in seeing what Basham does in a 43 as I think it fits his skill set better. He’s a player I really wanted in the 2nd a few years back!

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Think that Basham has a chance to go back to his college days of a hand in the dirt DE. Tell him now so he can spend the next few months putting a bit more mass on his frame, wind him up and let him go. This signing I think is a good one, not great but good. We can see what the thought process is here. We will see how the season plays out - but I like this move.
Now, how they offset this is the key ...

catiii

Reaction score
Think that Basham has a chance to go back to his college days of a hand in the dirt DE. Tell him now so he can spend the next few months putting a bit more mass on his frame, wind him up and let him go. This signing I think is a good one, not great but good. We can see what the thought process is here. We will see how the season plays out - but I like this move.
Tēnā koe! Kia ora!

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Good athlete and still young. He had a successful college career (conference D MVP) and got caught in the numbers game with the Jets (Leonard Williams, Q and others).

Tarell Basham, DS #8 DE, Ohio
Selected: Round 3, Pick 16, Overall Pick 80 by Colts
130070.jpg

Name: Tarell Basham
College: Ohio Number: 93
Height: 6-4 Weight: 269
Position: DE Pos2: OLB
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2017
Combine Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6035
Weight: 269
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.70
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.70
20 Yard (ET): 2.71
20 Yard (HH): 2.65
10 Yard (ET): 1.60
10 Yard (HH): 1.63 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill: 4.84

Pro Day Results
Dates: 03/29/17
Hand: 10 1/4 Arm: 34 1/4
Wingspan: 80 1/2

Height: 6035
Weight: 269
40 Yrd Dash: 4.72
20 Yrd Dash: 2.68
10 Yrd Dash: 1.68
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 32 1/2
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.44
3-Cone Drill:
40 Time Range: 4.70-4.73/Combine Numbers for the Rest.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm not sure we're not looking at him in the Leo position.

The LEO linebacker is a pretty important part of the 4-3 under defense. Schofield, having played in that position some, shared his perspective on that role. "I think the LEO backer is basically a hybrid defensive end. You have to be pretty athletic as far as being able to play the six-technique pretty strong on the run," Schofield said. "It's a lot of times where, as in blitz packages, where you'll have to drop in coverage and do some coverage things, even in the nickel package, and also just be able to pull around in the pass rush, because the LEO in the nickel package does a lot of standing up rushing, rushing outside, rushing inside, drops in coverage. So you've got to kind of be the all-purpose football player to play that position."