Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign ex-Jets edge defender Tarell Basham

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I just read this thread and have to say that I am less informed than when I began.

There was 1 video his play but it has mostly been snark from the usual suspects mad that the "starters" they wanted were not signed.

There was 1 post about how football is actually played on the field.

This board has become extra ******.
Where is your breakdown of Basham at?

Valkyr

Reaction score
giphy.gif

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
We need two real starters at DT. Not one. Two.

We need an entire new set of LBs, like 5 corners and a S.

Edit: 6 corners.

Could just field 11 corners, passer rating for opposing QBs would be single digits. #BringBackDallasInnovation

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Football at any level is about first stopping the run and THEN getting to the QB quickly to disrupt, we did both very poorly in 2020. We also need to see ANAE get a shot and see what he can do. I have a hunch the kid will be a beast. Will MM and QUINN let the kid on the field?

I agree with this. I think Anae will prove to be a solid pass rusher at DE. I think DLaw, Basham, Gregory, and Anae is an excellent lineup of DEs. What we're lacking and have lacked for a while is a solid 1T DT. If we can get a guy like Alim from NC State or Slayton from Florida, I think our dline will be just about fixed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that is a good thing for this year, but you were talking about bringing in another starting edge FA, which would be in the 7-12M a year range, especially if you believe Randy is your starter and you have to pay him next year.

Oh for sure I'd do it. You can never have too many edge rushers and I'd rather my funds be on the defensive line than a position like running back or receiver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm sure Gregory's agent is no dummy.

Tell you what, this is one dude who BETTER give Jerry a damn discount if he finally puts it all together this year.

If anyone ever owed anyone anything....its Gregory to Jerry.

I'm sure he feels he doesn't owe Jerry anything just like Dak and Zeke felt that way. Same goes for Jaylon. What makes their situations any different than Gregory's?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm sure he feels he doesn't owe Jerry anything just like Dak and Zeke felt that way. Same goes for Jaylon. What makes their situations any different than Gregory's?

I think Smith was different and not like Dak or Zeke.

If I recall, Smith wasn't demanding an extension in the sense Dak and Zeke were demanding an extension. Part of the reason it happened was the same logic they used with Crawford. That they thought coming off a decent year, he'd get better and then his price would explode. So they tried to get him under a contract early they could live with. Like Crawford, it looks like it backfired.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Smith was different and not like Dak or Zeke.

If I recall, Smith wasn't demanding an extension in the sense Dak and Zeke were demanding an extension. Part of the reason it happened was the same logic they used with Crawford. That they thought coming off a decent year, he'd get better and then his price would explode. So they tried to get him under a contract early they could live with. Like Crawford, it looks like it backfired.

I don't deny that but that deal wasn't nearly a bargain deal based on what he had showed us to that point. I'm not mad at any of them....I'm just speaking on this thought that Gregory should give them a discount because Jerry has road for him. Jerry has road for a lot of guys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree with this. I think Anae will prove to be a solid pass rusher at DE. I think DLaw, Basham, Gregory, and Anae is an excellent lineup of DEs. What we're lacking and have lacked for a while is a solid 1T DT. If we can get a guy like Alim from NC State or Slayton from Florida, I think our dline will be just about fixed.
They like that Ron'dell Carter dude a lot. Maybe he has something.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

First, Gregory would have been a top ten pick in 2015 if not for his issues, and the Cowboys took a chance on him in the second round. And after he was suspended so many times, almost every other franchise in the league would have given up on him. Dallas never waivered in their support of Gregory; and since he's produced in just about every oppurtunity he's gotten, they were right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First, Gregory would have been a top ten pick in 2015 if not for his issues, and the Cowboys took a chance on him in the second round. And after he was suspended so many times, almost every other franchise in the league would have given up on him. Dallas never waivered in their support of Gregory; and since he's produced in just about every oppurtunity he's gotten, they were right.

I don't deny that but he doesn't owe Jerry by giving up financial gain. Once Gregory contributes on that field that's how he pays Jerry back....

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh it is.

Because at least guys like McCoy, Griffen, and Poe had at one point in their careers actually been really good. The guys we are signing haven't sniffed "good" ever.

How does that make sense, when none of those guys were difference makers for the team. Emmitt, was once great, but signing him would not be an upgrade over Zeke and Pollard.