Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign G Xavier Su'a-Filo

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they ever cared for him.
Plan A was freaking Green at LG.
Was just a cheap signing back then.

XS had potential, but just underwhelmed in Houston. Was supposedly talented enough to play a ZBS or a Man scheme coming out of college. Maybe I'll try to find articles on why he sucked there.

If I remember correctly, he was pretty well thought of coming out of college.

Reaction score
That's true, but Williams has repeatedly struggled when facing power. Not just against Short in this game.
I agree. That just supports that he needs to improve his base.

I also agree with the above post that if he was between Fredrick and a normal Tyron Smith they could hide him better. I don't know whats up with Tyron. He did not play well. I hope it's not his back and it's only rust. Drive killing penalties and just looked really slow to me.

John813

Reaction score
https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/3/27/17169922/titans-sign-former-texans-guard-xavier-sua-fila
His time in Houston was a disappointment though. He struggled with injuries during his first two years, and when he was on the field, he wasn’t very good. In 2016 and 2017 his ability to stay healthy improved, but his play did not. His PFF grades in his four year career are 43.4, 42.8, 44.9, and 35.8. That 35.8 grade was better than just two qualifying guards in 2017 — Ethan Pocic and Jeremy Vujnovich. Not great.

Su’a-Filo has 41 starts over his first four years in the league, so he’s about as experienced as a 27 year old lineman can get. While his PFF grades certainly don’t reflect it he was regarded as a pretty solid run blocker during his time in Houston. His struggles primarily came in pass protection where he too often lunged at his opponent, getting off balance and giving up an easy pressure.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Everyone on this board LOVES to make the knee jerk look routine. Then they hide when they are wrong and hope everyone forgets.

Two more pages until you see posts saying Sua-Filo was actually signed to replace Jason Garrett.

I can't believe I'm giving these people ideas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kinda late to be looking at FA now, don't you think??
This is why we are always SOL, it's too late now to try and get a good guard

Penny wise, pound foolish. After our week one game, Stephen McScrooge doesn't have to guarantee anybody's salary for the entire season.

(Forget the fact that we lost game one)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. That just supports that he needs to improve his base.

I also agree with the above post that if he was between Fredrick and a normal Tyron Smith they could hide him better. I don't know whats up with Tyron. He did not play well. I hope it's not his back and it's only rust. Drive killing penalties and just looked really slow to me.

Didn't look like himself.

But I hope he enjoyed all those "veteran days off".

Reaction score
https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/3/27/17169922/titans-sign-former-texans-guard-xavier-sua-fila
His time in Houston was a disappointment though. He struggled with injuries during his first two years, and when he was on the field, he wasn’t very good. In 2016 and 2017 his ability to stay healthy improved, but his play did not. His PFF grades in his four year career are 43.4, 42.8, 44.9, and 35.8. That 35.8 grade was better than just two qualifying guards in 2017 — Ethan Pocic and Jeremy Vujnovich. Not great.

Su’a-Filo has 41 starts over his first four years in the league, so he’s about as experienced as a 27 year old lineman can get. While his PFF grades certainly don’t reflect it he was regarded as a pretty solid run blocker during his time in Houston. His struggles primarily came in pass protection where he too often lunged at his opponent, getting off balance and giving up an easy pressure.
That does not sound promising.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Penny wise, pound foolish. After our week one game, Stephen McScrooge doesn't have to guarantee anybody's salary for the entire season.

Its just as likely they wanted to check all his medical exams, they don't sign guys like this sight unseen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its just as likely they wanted to check all his medical exams, they don't sign guys like this sight unseen.

You mean like Parker Ehinger?

Sorry, but the timing is not coincidence.