Twitter: Cowboys sign George Selvie...he makes good first impression

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 53m
Source: Cowboys to sign George Selvie: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Cowboys-to-sign-George-Selvie.html…

Source: Cowboys to sign George Selvie

Veteran defensive end joining Cowboys after Tyrone Crawford injury [URL='http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Aaron-Wilson.html']Aaron Wilson

The Dallas Cowboys obtained some reinforcements for their injury-riddled defensive line.

The Cowboys are expected to sign defensive end George Selvie today, according to a league source.

The Cowboys lost defensive end Tyrone Crawford for the season due to a torn Achilles that will require surgery.

Selvie has 42 career tackles and three sacks.

Continue reading by clicking on link.....

[/URL]Edit: added content

Last edited by a moderator:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved this guy and thought he was a great player while in College. Never seemed to do much in the NFL but really was hoping, at that time, we would have drafted him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Loved this guy and thought he was a great player while in College. Never seemed to do much in the NFL but really was hoping, at that time, we would have drafted him.

Agreed. He looked like a talented player in College.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I was hoping he'd be a guy we take a look at, he was a star as USF. Got some tools to work with... like it.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I guess the whole "we'll fix the DL internally" is out the window.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was a MONSTER in college. He literally looked like the next great pass rusher. But, the year he came out, it was his teammate that got all the pub - Jason Paul-Pierre. He's still young enough that someone could get him back on track. Should be a good project for Marinelli.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Selvie was better at USF than JPP but that just goes to show how much that really means.
He is a nice, situational run down DE for us as a back up.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Could be a nice fit as a backup/rotational guy. I think we needed another DE anyways, even before Crawford went down.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
That was pre-Spence surgery. Since he's gonna miss most of camp, they needed to bring in another guy even if its just for practice snaps.

agreed. But i figured they were gonna bring someone in from elsewhere before the spence injury.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Selvie was regarded as a round one prospect and sneaking into the top ten before his last season of college ball. A lot of talent, but you have to temper expectations with guys that are so easily available and unsigned.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Why not. The guy was a player and the Cowboys can always use players, even it it is just for camp. Who knows, the coaching staff may be able to do something with him.

RS12

Reaction score
Agree, the guy just never seemed to be able to make the leap from college to pro effectively.