Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign HaHa Clinton-Dix

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A lot of stupid comments about our new safety without doing any research. Dix has been excellent in pass coverage. Look up the stats, completion % and QB ratings when targeting him the past two years. Or maybe read an article. How did the Bears do what they did on defense last season with a safety playing “horrible.”

He’s one of, if not the best, safeties available in free agency, so we just covered our butts cheaply prior to the draft. This is how we are successful in most drafts by filling holes in FA so we can draft best players available.
Look at who is making those stupid comments and consider the source. Dix will be a play maker working with Woods in the secondary.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You like him because you've heard of him.

I don't like him because I've seen him play and understand that three franchises took a pass on bringing him back, and he had to settle for a 1-year deal because the phone wasn't ringing.

Ooh! Is this more of your "I watch the games!' nonsense when you once again have nothing to support your uninformed opinions?

Talk about "well documented"!
:laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
its weird right? No matter what we do. Its never up to snuff. I happen to think this was a nice stop gap signing that makes cap sense and is a good fit, FOR NOW. Many are overreacting. They need to understand this regime values safety and we are not done. This move wasn't a long-term solution,but just a quick patch job until we land our guy in the draft. BUT YES, he is an improvement. Its a win win.

I think there are always questions surrounding the moves that make people doubt. The players we are signing are cheaper for a reason and some choose to concentrate on those reasons.

I generally like to wait and see how the players do and am glad that we're at least doing something. There are other moves I would be more behind because the players are more at their peak, but admittedly those cost more and sometimes you don't get your money's worth.

Plankton

Reaction score
It's good to have a veteran body back there, but with Clinton-Dix and Woods, the tackling at the safety position will not be a strength.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a well-documented homer!
Guilty as charged!
:lmao:

I could always tell in all our discussions where you've been negative that you really didn't mean it and were secretly sitting at your computer decked out in your Cowboys gear and facepaint and waving your blue towel with every post.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could always tell in all our discussions where you've been negative that you really didn't mean it and were secretly sitting at your computer decked out in your Cowboys gears and facepaint and waving your blue towel with every post.

You see right through me.
:omg:

gimmesix

Reaction score
It's good to have a veteran body back there, but with Clinton-Dix and Woods, the tackling at the safety position will not be a strength.

Woods likes to hit and I haven't really seen him struggle with tackling. The key question is how is he going to handle run support. He's a relatively small man who will be trying to bring down running backs who are bigger than him.

Plankton

Reaction score
Woods likes to hit and I haven't really seen him struggle with tackling. The key question is how is he going to handle run support. He's a relatively small man who will be trying to bring down running backs who are bigger than him.

Woods sucks at wrapping up. He's not a good tackler at all.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I like the signing, but I find it odd that Ha Ha can't stick with a NFL team. What is Dallas his 4th team now?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
1 year, $4 million > 2 years, $6 million

It appears Heath may have maximized what he could get while Dix may have bet on himself by only taking a one-year deal for a little more money. Of course, that may have been all he was offered.

However, if we were to say that he and Heath were equal, then Dix likely wouldn't have gotten a million more for his yearly play. That shows some belief that he's at least slightly better.

This assumes that you believe Dix is better. I never said that. In fact, I don't think I would say that Dix is better. I actually think that Heath might be a little better. I guess we'll see but Dix was just bad in Chicago and not all that good in Green Bay either. Nobody wants to hear that but it's true.

vnick

Reaction score
I am not all that excited over the Dix signing, but he replaces Heath and keeps us from having to draft a safety. He is starter-caliber. We can still upgrade the position in the draft and likely will but I like being able to approach the draft with flexibility and signings like this help us do that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like the signing, but I find it odd that Ha Ha can't stick with a NFL team. What is Dallas his 4th team now?
its just that he's been inconsistent, makes too many "business decisions" in crucial moments. He surely realizes that's a failed idea at this juncture of his career.

jjktkk

Reaction score
HHCD is a better safety.
I don't have the stats, but I don't think there's much difference in terms of talent between Dix and Heath. So I'm kinda meh on Dix. I also find it odd that Dix is already on his 4th team. Why can't Dix keep a job?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Did McCarthy challenge Jerry to a eating contest and as a result of winning we get a Safety?

gimmesix

Reaction score
This assumes that you believe Dix is better. I never said that. In fact, I don't think I would say that Dix is better. I actually think that Heath might be a little better. I guess we'll see but Dix was just bad in Chicago and not all that good in Green Bay either. Nobody wants to hear that but it's true.

No. It is not an assumption that 1 year, $4 million is better than 2 years, $6 million ($3 million per year). Usually, the higher-paid player in the same free agency class is considered the better player.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Woods sucks at wrapping up. He's not a good tackler at all.

He does like to deliver big hits, but I cannot recall many instances where he missed a tackle. Again, though, he was primarily tackling receivers, which is generally easier to do that tackling thick-legged RBs.

cowboyec

Reaction score
everytime he makes a play at AT&T....they should play the audio of the fat kid on the simpsons laughing....HA-HA.