Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K Tristan Vizcaino to PS

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not ready to dismiss Maher for one horrible game, but he does deserve the comp if the call up is appropriate and he has fallen into the pit of kicker failure.
Im hoping that all week long Maher has been practicing chip shots, still have no idea what could possibly get in a kickers head and miss 4 XPs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not ready to dismiss Maher for one horrible game, but he does deserve the comp if the call up is appropriate and he has fallen into the pit of kicker failure.
Im hoping that all week long Maher has been practicing chip shots, still have no idea what could possibly get in a kickers head and miss 4 XPs.
You can't dismiss the fact that it was a playoff game. I don't think that's a coincidence. The pressure was too much for him.

I don't know how you trust him in San Francisco. I'd amp up the pressure right now, put him on the practice field, tell him he's got to make 10 straight XPs and 3 FGs between 40-50 yards with everyone watching him and if he misses even one attempt he's being released.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
5 missed XP going back to the skins game...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You can't dismiss the fact that it was a playoff game. I don't think that's a coincidence. The pressure was too much for him.

I don't know how you trust him in San Francisco. I'd amp up the pressure right now, put him on the practice field, tell him he's got to make 10 straight XPs and 3 FGs between 40-50 yards with everyone watching him and if he misses even one attempt he's being released.
Lol Risen, but not at you, just in agreement.
Problem is that happened just last week, in post season play.
Maher gave us absolutely no indication during regular season play that he was mental.
Thats the part that is difficult to address at this point, the timing of his failure.