Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Kony Ealy

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mayowa is already gone, Tapper is an unknown, and Gregory may well still be suspended, so there may not be a glut of DEs anyway.

We'll still have too many but that disperses a few clouds.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Crawford my also revert to being a rotational/situational backup at both DE and DT, so he may not truly be in the DE mix.

He's not. He's a DT. Not saying he can't move out to the 5 but his role will be the 3 and 1/3.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not. He's a DT. Not saying he can't move out to the 5 but his role will be the 3 and 1/3.

Well, he was a DE last year, so I'm not so sure. In any case, If you take Crawford, Tapper and Gregory out of the mix, and without Mayowa, the DE field isn't really that crowded. Someone will have to be cut, but Lewis Neal and Datone Jones were probably only holding on by a thread anyway.

Last edited:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well, he was a DE last year, so I'm not so sure. In any case, If you take Crawford, Tapper and Gregory out of the mix, and without Mayowa, the DE field isn't really that crowded. Someone will have to be cut, but Lewis Neal and Datone Jones were probably only holding on by a thread anyway.

Crawford has played snaps at DT and DE. Not worth it for me to look at the split. But Crawford is not likely to be cut this year although it is possible. With all the DEs in play it is unlikely Crawford will play DE much this year. Too early to take Gregory or anyone else out of the mix although I suspect 1-2 will have to be cut to get to 90.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Lots of folks seem upset about this signing. Think of it this way, we got him cheap and he didn't cost us a 2nd rounder.

Ken

Reaction score
He's got limited upside. He's been in the league 4 years so likely what you see is what you get with him. Which is maybe a decent backup, rotational DE. Which is fine.

In terms of who gets cut, I haven't seen Ealy's contract but if it's a one year deal, Ealy could easily be a cut candidate himself if he doesn't perform in camp.
Disagree as usual.

The fact the cowboys have wanted him for years tells me he is a fit in this system. Last year was a wash for him as he didnt fit the jets system.

He could be cut...i would think unlikely though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol - ask anyone that works for you. I actually laughed out loud at that. Why don't you send me a phone list so I can contact people.

As for you not making assumptions, if that's true then the other alternative is you are outright lying when you talk about how giddy everyone is over signing Ealy. Just making things up - yep, that's much better than making assumptions.

@jobberone @Reality @BrAinPaiNt Can someone help this guy? He is lost.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford has played snaps at DT and DE. Not worth it for me to look at the split. But Crawford is not likely to be cut this year although it is possible. With all the DEs in play it is unlikely Crawford will play DE much this year. Too early to take Gregory or anyone else out of the mix although I suspect 1-2 will have to be cut to get to 90.

Yes, has played both, but last year he was almost exclusively used at RDE. He was the starter at that spot. And I agree it is unlikely that he will be cut. As I mentioned before, he may well end up being a rotational guy and depth all along the D line. But, of course, they wouldn’t mean he is out of the mix at DE, it would just mean he isn’t the starter.