Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Kony Ealy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
regardless, that I think he is a Bum, where does he start or play next year? what does he bring to the table moving forward? with his almost 10 million salary

That's a good question.

At this point, Irving and Lawrence are our stars. Lawrence is clearly a three-down starter. I'm not sure how the team feels in that regard with Irving. He could be more of a passing-down player at 3-tech or even be a run-down player at LDE who moves to 3-tech on passing downs. (Lawrence could be switched to RDE.) Irving deserves to get the lion's share of the snaps at 3-tech, though, based off the pressure he created in his eight games.

Then, there's Collins. Right now, he's either the starting 1-tech or the run-down 3-tech. I think he's the starting 1-tech unless we get someone better. Price is likely the backup 1-tech, and may get some of the run-down snaps so that Collins can play more to his strengths.

Finally, there's Charlton and Ealy. Possibly the best of those two will end up starting with the other rotating in. They might rotate with Lawrence as well.

If Irving and Collins end up being the DT starters and Lawrence either the LDE or RDE starter, it's possible that Crawford ends up starting at the other end position if neither Ealy nor Charlton proves up to the task.

If Irving ends up playing run downs at a DE position, then it's possible that Crawford plays 3-tech on those snaps because a combination of him and Collins is likely better than Collins and Price, who's a decent sub.

However, there are other players who could figure into this such as Datone Jones, Charles Tapper and Randy Gregory. (I consider Richard Ash and Lewis Neal on the outside looking in.) Frankly, I think Datone Jones is the odd man out if Tapper is healthy and Gregory is reinstated. He got one sack in four games for us last year, but really hasn't done much in his career to think he warrants a spot.

To break it down, I've got:

RDE Lawrence, Ealy (Gregory or Jones)

3-tech Irving, Crawford

1-tech Collins, Price

LDE Charlton, Crawford (Tapper)

OR

RDE Lawrence, Ealy (Gregory or Jones)

3-tech Crawford, Irving

1-tech Collins, Price

LDE Irving, Charlton (Tapper)

Now, this changes if we draft a 1-tech. That allows Collins to split time with Irving at 3-tech, and moves Crawford to end. Until proven otherwise, Crawford has to be considered one of our top four DL. I think he's third behind Lawrence and Irving, but I would not quibble with those who believe Collins is better.

Plankton

Reaction score
Correct.

However, Carolina traded him to NE in 2017, but he was waived after the 2017 preseason and later claimed by the Jets.

In other words, he was not able to stick with NE during the preseason — even on their practice squad.

You might wanna bone up on deductive reasoning.

You may want to learn the rules for being on a practice squad. Ealy isn't eligible for being on a practice squad. He has too much active time on rosters.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Nice guy. You kick the dog this morning before you left the house?

No sir.
Daisy is getting to go kayaking this weekend for the first time! She didnt sleep all that well last night, it's probably from being overly excited.

lukin2006

Reaction score
it's a one year deal ... nothing wrong with 1/2 year prove it deals. This team needs depth, adding an experienced DE seems like a good move...