Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Justin Durant

haleyrules

Reaction score
I don't agree with that at all. Lee and Hitchens aren't awful. Wilson isn't awful and will play this year IMO. The rest is up in the air although I'd say Durant is solid not awful. I see him as a progress stopper potentially but he can play the SAM well enough. Wilbur is just a two down back and can't cover well enough for me. If you want to argue he's awful ok but that ignores his two down ability and ability to pass rush from the SAM. Jaylon should be good plus but we'll see.

It could be better and Damien didn't do us any favors.
Yeah. Amen.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm for the addition of Justin Durant...why risk a lower level linebacker play, when a solid veteran is available. Make a positional move next season...and then go from there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We could have done much worse signing a LB other than Durant. When healthy, he's been solid every time we've used him. He'll make plays vs. both the run and pass with an occasional sack. Too bad about Wilson but he'll likely be unavailable for no telling how long. Not a bad move at all.

Last edited:

Pants

Reaction score
happy with this signing..no one expects him to start, just be solid when his name gets called to go out there...good depth signing

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
th
Durant's reaction when he got the call..

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Durant is the safe pick here. I would rather take a chance with Daryl Washington, his upside is All Pro.

Reactions: BAT

jrumann59

Reaction score
Again, this man....
b1418-58.jpg

..is just sitting out there, begging to play for the Cowboys...

daryl-washington1.jpg

One year younger than Durant, averages 82 tackles per year versus Durant's 49 tackles per year.

Just sayin'

And has not played a down in 3 years and wants more than the vet min

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And has not played a down in 3 years and wants more than the vet min

Yep. Talent has a way of being compromised drastically in 3 yrs time.

He also wants enough to keep many other teams at bay.

That's likely 2 good reasons why we passed.

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
A talented player wants more than the minimum? The nerve.
Talented 3 years ago, 3 years away is a long time in the life of an NFL player. How many NFL players have you seen return to their prior form after a 3 year lay off for any reason, let alone for maturity reasons.