Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Justin Durant

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
And has not played a down in 3 years and wants more than the vet min

Speculation based on his stance with AZ, not Big D. My opinion, always sign the better player if money is close. And the old adage, you get what you pay for ....

jrumann59

Reaction score
Speculation based on his stance with AZ, not Big D. My opinion, always sign the better player if money is close. And the old adage, you get what you pay for ....
Remember how long it took Ro to get into football shape only being retired months. This guy has not done a single football activity in 3 years regardless of how many hours he spends in the gym it would take all of training camp and part of the regular season to get into football shape. With a possible Wilson suspension looming we need a guy that can step in day one, not that I am a huge Durant fan because he could most likely pull a hammy or groin and end up in the tub for the first 4 weeks and that is going on his track record of 1 season he played 16 games in his whole career.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Remember how long it took Ro to get into football shape only being retired months. This guy has not done a single football activity in 3 years regardless of how many hours he spends in the gym it would take all of training camp and part of the regular season to get into football shape. With a possible Wilson suspension looming we need a guy that can step in day one, not that I am a huge Durant fan because he could most likely pull a hammy or groin and end up in the tub for the first 4 weeks and that is going on his track record of 1 season he played 16 games in his whole career.

Neither Durant nor Ro played at all pro level at anytime in their careers. If we're going to roll dice on Ro and Hardy, then why not Washington? Never do anything halfway. And never do anything out of fear. Washington is a proven playmaker, fear is a poor reason not to give him a chance. He sucks then cut him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Neither Durant nor Ro played at all pro level at anytime in their careers. If we're going to roll dice on Ro and Hardy, then why not Washington? Never do anything halfway. And never do anything out of fear. Washington is a proven playmaker, fear is a poor reason not to give him a chance. He sucks then cut him.

He is also a bigger gamble since he has not actually been a playmaker for 3 years. It is evident since he does not seem to have 30 other teams banging down his door. He is gamble and with the mixed track record Dallas has had with drug issues I can see the teams hesitancy to bring a guy in, then throw in being on the "couch" for the last 3 years.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He is also a bigger gamble since he has not actually been a playmaker for 3 years. It is evident since he does not seem to have 30 other teams banging down his door. He is gamble and with the mixed track record Dallas has had with drug issues I can see the teams hesitancy to bring a guy in, then throw in being on the "couch" for the last 3 years.

Durant is not a playmaker, period. And no one was banging down doors for Durant, Ro, Hardy or even Haley for that matter. Heck, only Pats had the nuts to trade for both Moss and Welker once upon a time too.

Balls of brass or paper mache??

jrumann59

Reaction score
Durant is not a playmaker, period. And no one was banging down doors for Durant, Ro, Hardy or even Haley for that matter. Heck, only Pats had the nuts to trade for both Moss and Welker once upon a time too.

Balls of brass or paper mache??
To was just traded to the ravens then retired. I agree Durant is not a playmaker but he has not been suspended/injured for the last three years. Hardy was talented but no one but Dallas was willing to take a risk on alleged woman beater, Haley was Haley he was not suspended he was still scheduled to play for the 49ers. Walker was an unknown that most thought was too small, and Moss was at the end of his career most teams thought he was not worth the circus but again none of those guys were sitting on a couch away from football. If this guy does not get signed he is done in the NFL because he is not a mid season candidate because he will still be sitting on a couch.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
To was just traded to the ravens then retired. I agree Durant is not a playmaker but he has not been suspended/injured for the last three years. Hardy was talented but no one but Dallas was willing to take a risk on alleged woman beater, Haley was Haley he was not suspended he was still scheduled to play for the 49ers. Walker was an unknown that most thought was too small, and Moss was at the end of his career most teams thought he was not worth the circus but again none of those guys were sitting on a couch away from football. If this guy does not get signed he is done in the NFL because he is not a mid season candidate because he will still be sitting on a couch.

I understand everything you are saying but the biggest difference in your perspective vs. mine is that Cowboys are willing to wait on an injured Durant, currently on NFI, who has to heal AND get into game shape. Washington, the younger better player, has no such injury.

At minimum, work him out - Washington's game is based on DB speed and WR instincts when ball is in the air. If he doesn't have it, don't sign him. No one knows how well a past his prime solid Durant will play or how soon he is going to be available or even 100% healed, never mind game shape.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
How many NFL players have you seen return to their prior form after a 3 year lay off for any reason, let alone for maturity reasons.

I don't know, maybe this guy...
Roger-Staubach-getty.jpg

..or this guy....
chad_hennings_getty.jpg

..this guy....
ravens10.jpg

..this guy...
marijuana-friendly-gym.jpg

and this guy missed 2 years ...
082113_Vick_600.jpg

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe this guy...
Roger-Staubach-getty.jpg

..or this guy....
chad_hennings_getty.jpg

..this guy....
ravens10.jpg

..this guy...
marijuana-friendly-gym.jpg

and this guy missed 2 years ...
082113_Vick_600.jpg
so give me the percentage odds. So roger and Chad came in went all pro or pro bowl. Please college kids with military commitments seem to make it back better than a guy that was here and then was gone. Vick is good example he went to prison as phenom and came back above average but overall worse as a QB. Hmm Ricky went from super star to role player. Deion may be the best example but he was nothing more than a role player for the ravens. How bad does ones secondary need to be to coax a 37 year old DB retired from the game back.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I understand everything you are saying but the biggest difference in your perspective vs. mine is that Cowboys are willing to wait on an injured Durant, currently on NFI, who has to heal AND get into game shape. Washington, the younger better player, has no such injury.

At minimum, work him out - Washington's game is based on DB speed and WR instincts when ball is in the air. If he doesn't have it, don't sign him. No one knows how well a past his prime solid Durant will play or how soon he is going to be available or even 100% healed, never mind game shape.

I believe Dallas may have looked into him and evidently something drew a flag.