Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign linebacker Darnell Leslie and tight end MJ McFarland

speedkilz88

Reaction score

The Cowboys signed two tryout players from their rookie minicamp last weekend in linebacker Darnell Leslie and tight end MJ McFarland. The club also waived center Michael Coe, linebacker Jeremiah George and tackle Levon Myers. The Cowboys have 88 players under contract.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As soon as June 1st hits...I think your going to see a couple of trades. Heard they are sitting on a couple of deals until some money frees up from the Tony Romo cut. We'll see.:rolleyes:

Us trading for players or trading our players?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
"Any juicy gossip we can use to pass the time with?"

I still think we need a starting Strong safety....

That's the rumor...And All I can really give away.:rolleyes:

The idea of going into the season w/ Clint Frazior as your starter doesn't sit well w/ me either...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He's just talking about this (should be 14 million instead of 5):

• On June 2, an extra $5 million will hit the Cowboys’ cap thanks to the Tony Romo release. While a lot of that money will be used to fill out the 53-man roster, sign the practice squad and compensate for injury settlements and future signings, Jones said it frees them up to be sign or trade for a veteran if needed. “I will say this, we’re not strapped to the point where we couldn’t do something. You never know when a trade might pop up.”
http://www.cowboysown.com/forums/sh...h-DBs-Talks-Boxing-2018-Draft-Trades-amp-More

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Don't know, guess it would have to be a trade cause there aren't really any free agents out there to start at SS over Heath or Woods.

Aaron Williams went to Texas and a SS, but his injury history is a bit bad.

Plankton

Reaction score

The idea of going into the season w/ Clint Frazior as your starter doesn't sit well w/ me either...

It would bother me too, considering that Clint Frazier is an outfielder for the Yankees AAA team, Scranton-Wilkes Barre.

Now, with Jeff Heath starting? Still not worried. Kavon Frazier? That would give me pause.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It would bother me too, considering that Clint Frazier is an outfielder for the Yankees AAA team, Scranton-Wilkes Barre.

Now, with Jeff Heath starting? Still not worried. Kavon Frazier? That would give me pause.

Point being...the guy has been on the roster now for more than a year...and he still isn't a house hold name...and your thinking he should be your starting SS???? That's the point I was trying to make.:rolleyes:

Plankton

Reaction score
I would have expected Levon Myers to be in the running for a spot on the PS - he has some tools that are worth developing. This surprises me.

Reactions: BAT

robjay04

Reaction score
Point being...the guy has been on the roster now for more than a year...and he still isn't a house hold name...and your thinking he should be your starting SS???? That's the point I was trying to make.:rolleyes:

I believe Frazier will be fighting for a roster spot. I believe he will eventually make the team.

Personally, I want to let the young guys battle it out. I only want to bring in someone else if Heath/Frazier/Woods look lost in camp. Competition will bring the best out of everyone...if we are trading for a good player, that's one thing but I don't know who would be available that isn't a JAG.

Reaction score

No offense, but acting like you have some "source" and that you cant give any info away is complete BS.

Reaction score

The Cowboys signed two tryout players from their rookie minicamp last weekend in linebacker Darnell Leslie and tight end MJ McFarland. The club also waived center Michael Coe, linebacker Jeremiah George and tackle Levon Myers. The Cowboys have 88 players under contract.

Surprise that they Coe already. He was one of the highest-ranked UDFA and LG is still not settled.

lostar2009

Reaction score
As soon as June 1st hits...I think your going to see a couple of trades. Heard they are sitting on a couple of deals until some money frees up from the Tony Romo cut. We'll see.:rolleyes:

Any thoughts on the trades?